No announcement yet.

Lets say Sergio who is 37 has 2 fights left..what 2 do you want and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets say Sergio who is 37 has 2 fights left..what 2 do you want and why

List the 2 fights you would want,and why and what they would do for Martinez's legacy

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
    List the 2 fights you would want,and why and what they would do for Martinez's legacy
    Mayweather and Canelo after. Mayweather puts him at number 1 p4p. Canelo gives him an opportunity to pass the torch if he beats Floyd. If he beats Canelo it'll let the world know that every now and then, a lion escapes and defies all the odds, even if he had to earn it all the hard way. He's already kind of there, but that would be a nice middle finger to the people who didnt give him a shot. nice farewell gift. if Candlo wins then he gets a signature win. It'd be encouraging not only to his country, but other fighters (maybe many euros) who say eff it, Martinez did it, so can I. The middle weight division has come alive thanks to him. Retiring at 1p4p would be a hell of a way to go. He's a hall of famer with a win over Floyd imo.

Comment

Probably Mayweather and Cotto/Canelo...pick one

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
        You're gonna get a lot of "Canelo and Floyd" responses and those are perfectly reasonable. But I think, hypothetically, if he only has two fights left before retirement, one of which he should do in Argentina. Such a fight would be huge and great for him and to the many native fans that can't afford to travel abroad and watch him fight in the states. I can't imagine Floyd or Canelo agreeing to fight in Argentina, so then the other bout would have to be either or in the states at the MGM Grand - perhaps at a catchweight of 157...most likely Canelo in such a case, Floyd would likely be too small for it. But Martinez says he's willing to drop to 154 for those two, so if it's possible there, I'm sure he'll do it. Canelo can be replaced for Cotto, as well.

A Floyd win would put him in the HOF without a doubt, as would a Cotto win most likely. A Canelo fight may not solidify such a mark, but it would be a great victory nonetheless.

edit: rereading my post here and thinking is it really worth fighting at home in exchange for, by chance, not entering the HOF? well, good thing we're just speculating.
        Last edited by SCEN3RY; 10-09-2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

floyd mayweather and miguel cotto/gennady golovkin. i think golovkin can be the next MW king, if cotto or someone like alvarez wouldn't be willing to go to argentina to fight him, i bet golovkin would (hbo and everything).

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            floyd mayweather and miguel cotto/gennady golovkin. i think golovkin can be the next MW king, if cotto or someone like alvarez wouldn't be willing to go to argentina to fight him, i bet golovkin would (hbo and everything).
            that's a good point. I wasn't even thinking about ggg, probably because it wouldn't be as profitable as canelo/floyd (or cotto) in the states, but golovkin might be willing to go to Argentina.

Comment

ward and mayweather. if he could pull that **** off, it would be a coup for the ages. He'd certainly be hall of fame bound imo.

Comment

vs Mayweather at 160 in May 2013

vs Golovkin at 160 in December 2013

Won't happen, but it'd be great.

Comment

Golovkin and Ward.

Comment

golovkin is not a good choice the guy is completely untested and would add nothing to his legacy
                    i say he needs to get to 154 asap fight canelo and try to force a fight with mayweather after

Comment

Working...
                    X