No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: B-Scene Staff Predictions: Amir Khan v. Julio Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: B-Scene Staff Predictions: Amir Khan v. Julio Diaz

By Jake Donovan - Former 140 lb titlist Amir Khan fights in the United Kingdom for the first time in two years as he faces Julio Diaz in a modified welterweight bout.

The two clash at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, England, with the fight to air live on Boxnation in the U.K. and via same-day tape delay on Showtime in the United States.

Khan (27-3, 19KO) seeks his second straight win following back-to-back title fight losses to Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson. He is coming off of a 10th round stoppage of previously unbeaten Carlos Molina last December, in his first fight under new trainer Virgil Hunter.

The undercard of that very bout was highlighted by a surprise performance by Diaz (40-7-1, 29KO), who held unbeaten welterweight prospect Shawn Porter to a 10-round draw. The former lightweight titlist is unbeaten in his past three contests since returning to the ring last summer.

Both fighters need to keep winning in order to maintain any semblance of relevance. The stakes are potentially higher for Khan, whose name is being floated as a potential candidate for a huge fight in the fall. A loss for Diaz could spell the end to a long, well-respected career.

Who wins the crucial crossroads bout? Read on to see how the staff at Boxingscene.com sees the action going down. [Click Here To Read More]

Although the predictions are on point, but I don't agree with it being a draw

I think Khan will come out very fast as usual, Diaz will be caught in the headlights, but he will get in a few hooks, unless Khan has figured a way out to avoid them with Virgil (he was getting clipped with the same punch by Molina), however I also think Khan will be extra cautious, he will stay behind his jab and hold and run, do whatever but avoid getting into t a toe to toe scrap, Virgil will be screaming directions at all times.

I think Khan will KO him by round 5 or 6 or it could go to cards, and Khan will simply win a UD via more punches landed.

Diaz will most likely try to do what Garcia did, go for the body and keep throwing that hook, hoping one will land and change the dynamics, but I feel Khan will be a better boxer than the one we saw against Molina.

Khan KO's Diaz in 6

Comment

Skill wise this should be ab easy fight for Khan. However, with Khans china chin, he's always just 1 good punch away from being KTFO. I think if Diaz makes it through round six, he will score a late KO. He will be a mile behind on he cards when he scores the KO

Comment

Salazar says Draw. Hmmm

Only way Diaz walks out with anything other than a defeat is by knocking Khan out..

Comment

Like I said years ago, Khan is garbage. Pure Euro garbage.

Comment

WTF is this fight?
            A hug-a-thon?

Comment

Working...
            X