No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arthur Abraham Back on Nov. 5, Targets Felix Sturm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arthur Abraham Back on Nov. 5, Targets Felix Sturm

Arthur Abraham will return to the ring on Nov. 5 in Germany against an opponent to be determined, according to a report from Manouk Akopyan of Yerevan Magazine.

[Click Here To Read More]

i think sturm owes maclin a rematch after that bullskit decision in germany.

but i wouldnt mind seeing AA have a go

Comment

Sturm - Abraham has 1 sided 12 round decision written all over it.

Arthur always has a punchers chance in any fight but the favourite would have to be Sturm just based on workrate and better footwork.

Comment

The weight will be a problem, but he has no choice but to go down again.

Comment

Abraham loses three out of four fights and what is his reward? A shot at a middleweight belt. Apparently it doesn't matter if you win or lose or how bad you look while losing, see Abraham's last few fights. Is it any wonder why none of the top contenders fight each other and just fight scrubs, see Arreola, until their next title shot?

Comment

Funny that Sturm turned down a ridiculous amount of money to fight Abraham when Abraham was IBF middleweight champion. Now that Abraham has been badly outpointed in two consecutive fights, Sturm will probably jump at the chance. Classic Sturm, who should be able to outpoint Abaham pretty handily now that Dirrell, Froch and Ward have given him the blueprint

Comment

Just because Abraham is short, doesn't mean that he's small enough to move down in weight. He's a stocky guy and if he was finding it hard to make 160 before, I wouldn't be surprised if he finds it impossible after 2 years at 168.

I don't think Sturm would be willing to fight him though anyway. If AA does return to MW I think Geale is a more likely opponent, as he's shown a willingness to fight in Germany before and is not a big draw in his home country or the US so it would make financial sense for him.

Comment

AA found a Featherfister, hurrayy! Sturm still outboxes AA for 12 rounds.

Dude needs to retire and sell all his cars and put that money into the bank, because this will be his last payday. Better invest your cash before you become broke AA.

Comment

Let me guess, they're going to fight in of all places "GERMANY". Thats fine for Abraham, atleast he wasn't afraid to take risk, venture OUTSIDE of Germany and go up a weight class.

Sturm (whom I think has a great jab) will forever be NOTHING but a European fighter since he's OBVIOUSLY afraid to leave Germany let alone the European continent.

I agree with the previous poster that Sturm outboxes AA and will NEVER venture cross the pond for a fight w/Martinez or any other top middleweight.

Comment

If AA fights like his last 2 fight and play Peekaboo with Sturm than i dont c'dis fight goin his way, if he just stand there for 12 rds , shows no jab no left hook no counterpunching like he hasn't been for his last 2 fights, i see Sturm outclassing him! But Sturm is also ur avg Euro fighter with a boxer puncher style, nice jab decent power and OK footwork! AA can win this fight. if AA goes back to his dominating ways back when he was @160! He has the power and the skills, but if he stands there all night ala Judah, ala Mosley than consider it another Loss on his resume! He really hasn't shown any heart or fire in him lately, so bad that his own trainer said he cheked out his last fight!

Comment

Working...
                    X