Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a serious question. Why is Cotto so hated by some?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caredjo View Post
    is it racist that every one of your post I read it in kahns voice from king of the hill?

hahahahaha. . . that made my morning. . . i like kahn from king of the hill! hahaha. . . ahh stupid fat redneck! how can short fat and redneck beat tall dark and strong?

Comment

He was hyped up as some kind of elite fighter which he simply never was.

I remember before the Cotto fight most people had him ranked Top 10 P4P ahead of FAR FAR more deserving fighters like Wlad Casamayor Pavlik etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
        Once again, my assessment of him is not because he is whining over the wraps. It is because he will say something like, "I am taking my first loss like a man" then 30 seconds later, "He will say something like i only lost because he cheated." He is essentially negating HIS OWN first statement where he says he is taking it like a man when he goes on and on about the total opposite of what he said.

If Margarito came out and said, Yeah I hit Cotto with bricks from my house's garden, Cotto's attitude would still bug the **** out of me because he is saying two different things at the same time.

It is like saying, I don't care what you say, yet here I am trying to rebute everything you say. Does that make sense? Like saying I take my beatings like a man, but I cry everytime and scream like a girl. etc.

Then on top of that he isn't the most charismatic guy on the planet. He might be a swell guy, but he definitely doesn't show it and some of you guys have admitted such.

So once again this has nothing to do with whether I think or don't think Margarito used bricks, or whether I think Cotto is wrong for accusing him. It is because he makes two different allegations at the same time during the same sitting depending on what makes him feel better.

When Erik Morales, my favorite fighter of all time, blamed his weight and his inability to make weight as reasons why he lost some important fights that too bugged the sh-t out of me because the truth is he was stuffing the sh-t out of his face on tacos, beer, and womanizing.

When a old super shot, beat down, Julio Cesar Chavez, one of the top 5 fighters of all time as far as I am concerned retired and didn't give his fans the thanks they deserved.... again bugged the **** out of me.

I call it like I see it imo. But that is my personal opinion. The meat of my post is that I don't think most people that talk **** even hate or dislike him. It is usual fan banter that hypes people up. It ups the stakes and makes the sporting event even higher stakes.

If no one was talking about this fight it wouldn't sell, it would be soulless.
        I get your point. I don't agree with it in full, but I get it. That is, if you replace Cotto with someone I do not like, then I would probably be with you on much of it. Reality is, a lot changes for a person when he suddenly realizes (after the 2009 fight (Mosley/margarito)) that it could have been and probably was tainted.

I guess it is just perspective. I greatly respect Cotto. He is my favorite fighter. There is no question, in my mind, that Cotto is responding well considering the psychological trauma of getting so battered only to conclude (with help from the Mosley fight) that someone was gambling with his life. Even though he made those two declarations in the same basic span of time I do not find them incongruent because he did handle his loss like a man, and he is only speaking his rage about what he has learned during this 24/7. I guess it's easier for me to see things my way and for you to see things your way because of our perspectives.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          He was hyped up as some kind of elite fighter which he simply never was.

I remember before the Cotto fight most people had him ranked Top 10 P4P ahead of FAR FAR more deserving fighters like Wlad Casamayor Pavlik etc etc
          I don't know where Wlad was at the moment (what wins he was coming off of) but as for Casamayor and Pavlik...

Cotto was at the height of his power between November 2007 and July 2008. He was probably among the top 4 or 5 fighters in the world.

Casamayor was coming off a shady as hell win over Santa Cruz (a disgusting robbery) and Pavlik, who was still undefeated and KOing everyone, probably deserved some slack, but over Cotto (at the time)? I doubt it.

Pavlik's best wins and status between 2007 and mid 2008 was a champion with one title defense against Gary Lockett, and two back-to-back wins over Jermain Taylor, the first of which was a fight of the year/upset of the year/KO candidate. His best wins were over Jermain Taylor. After that, he lost his undefeated record and his stock dropped severely by how poorly he performed against Bernard Hopkins to close out the year.

Pavlik's best wins (circa 2008)- Taylor (x2), Miranda, Zertuche...

Cotto's best wins (circa 2008)- Mosley, Judah, Quintana...

Comment

Working...
          X