Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are some guys that get too many title shots without deserving them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are some guys that get too many title shots without deserving them?

I know there's a ton so I will start it off with a couple not so well known ones.

Lorenzo Parra. Gets a shot at the WBA Bantamweight crown and gets ktfo by Sakata.

Then two fights later he gets a fight with Celestino Caballero for the 122 WBA crown then gets tko'ed.

He wins against a bum and now they are talking about him getting Anselmo Moreno for the WBA crown.

Who are some other guys you feel are undeserving?

Giovanni Lorenzo.

Comment

Rocky juarez takes the cake

Comment

Edison Miranda too.

Fulgencio Zuniga too.

Seems like punchers always get a chance even if they'd gotten ktfo'ed.

Ricardo Mayorga got a lot of chances he probably didn't deserve all because of Vernon Forrest.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
          Rocky juarez takes the cake
          Absolutely, he was a guy that probably got title eliminator credit in the Olympic trials. You could see the obvious talent in him, but he didn't deserve to receive title shot after title shot the way he did under Golden Boy.

In fact, I think that their insistence on putting him in tough title matches every time out is the reason he didn't win one.

There was a time when Andrew Golota returned and got a draw with Byrd and was rewarded with title shots against everyone not named Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
            Absolutely, he was a guy that probably got title eliminator credit in the Olympic trials. You could see the obvious talent in him, but he didn't deserve to receive title shot after title shot the way he did under Golden Boy.

In fact, I think that their insistence on putting him in tough title matches every time out is the reason he didn't win one.

There was a time when Andrew Golota returned and got a draw with Byrd and was rewarded with title shots against everyone not named Klitschko.

Golota's a good one because he got all kinds of shots after losing.

Comment

Usually anybody who can put up a good fight but isn't quite good enough to win.

Comment

Hatton had better not get a title shot if he comes back, just sayin

Comment

Mayorga

Zab Judah

Comment

mayorga/judah

Comment

Working...
                    X