Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Peter Victim Jeremy Williams 5-0 in MMA - LOL UFC is a JOKE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while boxers are very obviously not in their game in mma, this does prove that boxers CAN have some success in mma. most people seem to think any boxer vs. any mma figher=mma fighter wins. which simply is not true.

-Tim Sylvia was top ten ranked in mma when Mercer KOed him
    -Lytle, while not the cream of the crop, has always held his own against the top MMA fighters, and never been KOed or Submitted in mma, although he lost via cut stoppage before I think.
    -Marcus Davis is similiar to Lytle, and both of them regularly get the 'Fight of the Night' on UFC cards.
    -I dont know anything about Jeremy Williams, but his competition is probably bullcrap
    -Butterbean beat James Thompson, who did have that one win over Yoshida, didnt he? not too bad, better than anything he did in boxing. his win over Zuluzinho guy was pretty hilarious, and supposedly that guy had a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu and was undefeated in Brazil for a while. but I have a hard time believing that.

I think its obvious and clear that boxers should stick to their own sport, instead of going into mma. itd be just a waste of their talent, wouldnt it? but they can have some success, with good strategy and some takedown defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
      MMA stands for mixed martial arts. K1 is kickboxing=1 martial art. Learn your "arts" dumbass.
      Karate
      Kickboxing
      Kung-Fu
      Kakutogi
      All in one ring.

K-1

Always been that way since '93

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
        he's been fighting in some mma org called ICON or whatever.

never even heard of it.
        It was the top organization in Hawaii. Kinda like Strikeforce. It was internationally favored.

Then Gary Shaw bought and ran it to the ground along with Cage Rage.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Williams practiced judo while or before he boxed. There's video of him hip tossing Lennox during a sparring session because Lewis was clinching too much.
          yap.... i rem that he flipped lennox to the ground twice with ease. Was it the lewis tyson build up??

Comment

EDIT: Gotta give the OP credit for this troll thread.
            Last edited by Miki Nakayama; 10-04-2009, 05:17 PM. Reason: OP is obviously a troll

Comment

the quote in my sig says it all

Comment

Jeremy is one of the most underrated hws of the past 50 years. He never had a fair shake in the sport. After being in there with foul master Peter who throws his trademark rabbit punches like it's going out of fashion but bravely standing up to him and hurting him badly several times only for the ref to jump in and stop the action before Peter was sent to sleep is just more signs that officiating is ruining boxing.

Comment

Jeremy Williams had a Judo background I think. Watch him annoy Lennox Lewis by tripping him down:

It's not like he has actually done anything of significance in MMA. Some MMA fighters have decent records in boxing having fought nothing but cans. It's meaningless.
                  Last edited by TheGreatA; 10-04-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Williams is a brown belt in Judo yes. Last I heard, he was aiming for his black belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X