No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diaz's Take: Manny Pacquiao Must Attack Tim Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Diaz's Take: Manny Pacquiao Must Attack Tim Bradley

Late last year, well-respected trainer and cut man Miguel Diaz took on the challenge of trying to find a way to defeat unbeaten junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley. Fighting on the undercard of the third Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez encounter on November 12th inside of the MGM Grand, Diaz was working the corner of faded former champion and Cuban southpaw Joel Casamayor, who he had briefly been training in Las Vegas ahead of the bout.

[Click Here To Read More]

Well Damn.....what else is he going to do???

Comment

you can bet your ass Pac is gonna bring it

Pac will have bradley in full on survival mode after the 3rd round like cotto had floyd

Comment

Well damn, what else is he going to do??

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          you can bet your ass Pac is gonna bring it

Pac will have bradley in full on survival mode after the 3rd round like cotto had floyd
          Floyd almost knocked Cotto out in the 12th round and here you are talking about Cotto had Floyd in survival mode.. come on now, have some sense..

Comment

Diaz is right, Manny has to come forward. But truthfully, what other style can Manny really fight? Manny is a warrior. He comes to every fight in great shape and uses his great gifts of speed and power to overwhelm his opponents. To me, he fights the same in every bout. The man is simply a beast and a freak of nature.

But the truth is, Manny doesn't win fights because he outsmarts or outboxes his rivals. He wins because he is always the overall best athlete in the ring. For the first time in the last 5 or 6 years, he will be stepping in the ring with a guy who is just as good of an athlete as him.Bradley is a guy who uses his legs and uses the ring just as good as Manny. Manny still has the advantage in pure speed and power, but Bradley is just as quick. Bradley is much more technical. He is a smaller version of Holyfield. He is a solid boxer who can be slick and can also bang.But more importantly, Bradley has proven he can make adjustments in the ring.

So for the first time in his career, Manny will have to make adjustments as well in this fight.If not, he will lose. If he make the proper adjustments...then he wins. Its that simple. I don't think Manny is capable to make those changes in the ring during a heated battle. He beats his opponents off of his ability not with his skills. I think this matchup will be a lot similiar to Tyson vs Holyfield. Evander had the intelligence to nuetralize Mike's greatest assets. Bradley has that same intelligence and will reveal what others before him couldn't. He will reveal that Manny, as great as he is, is a one dimensional fighter. A fresh Morales and Marquez wrote the blueprint on how to beat Manny. Timothy Bradley will enforce it to the fullest. June 9th, there will be a new WBO Welterweight Champion!!!
            Last edited by jvsnypes; 05-09-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

pac will always be a mid-range fighter where he unloads his fast combinations from all angles. he will attack bradley for sure but only up to the mid-range point...he doesn't go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                So for the first time in his career, Manny will have to make adjustments as well in this fight.If not, he will lose. If he make the proper adjustments...then he wins. Its that simple. I don't think Manny is capable to make those changes in the ring during a heated battle. He beats his opponents off of his ability not with his skills. I think this matchup will be a lot similiar to Tyson vs Holyfield. Evander had the intelligence to nuetralize Mike's greatest assets. Bradley has that same intelligence and will reveal what others before him couldn't. He will reveal that Manny, as great as he is, is a one dimensional fighter. A fresh Morales and Marquez wrote the blueprint on how to beat Manny. Timothy Bradley will enforce it to the fullest. June 9th, there will be a new WBO Welterweight Champion!!!
                If you are that confident in Bradley why don't you slide on over to your favorite off shore betting site and bet a bundle on him? Little secret , you best not bet more than you can lose..

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                  Diaz is right, Manny has to come forward. But truthfully, what other style can Manny really fight? Manny is a warrior. He comes to every fight in great shape and uses his great gifts of speed and power to overwhelm his opponents. To me, he fights the same in every bout. The man is simply a beast and a freak of nature.

But the truth is, Manny doesn't win fights because he outsmarts or outboxes his rivals. He wins because he is always the overall best athlete in the ring. For the first time in the last 5 or 6 years, he will be stepping in the ring with a guy who is just as good of an athlete as him.Bradley is a guy who uses his legs and uses the ring just as good as Manny. Manny still has the advantage in pure speed and power, but Bradley is just as quick. Bradley is much more technical. He is a smaller version of Holyfield. He is a solid boxer who can be slick and can also bang.But more importantly, Bradley has proven he can make adjustments in the ring.

I respect your opinion because you know how to be objective and your arguments are well reasoned - opposed to that wanker, Check Hooks.

However, it takes a lot of self-discipline not to get caught up with Pacquiao's pace. Cotto did very well the first 3 rounds against Pacquiao behind the jab (despite the 1st KD), but he totally lost control of the fight when he tried to bang with him. That's one of Mayweather's biggest assets - that he fights his own fight and pace and his ability to adjust multiple times. I agree that Bradley can adjust too but I have a feeling that he'll feel the urgency to outland Pacquiao which will leave him wide open and vulnerable.

You're right about one thing though: That Pacquiao's speed, work rate and power is what carries him in this sport. He is not a great "thinker" and he breaks some of the most fundamental rules in boxing. But he's able to get away with it because of those attributes mentioned above. When they start to decline, he'll have a harder time.

I think Pacquiao is going to stop Bradley if he doesn't use his ring smarts and patience. With that said, I've sensed that Pacquiao is slowing down too and doesn't quite have the same speed, power and conditioning as he did as a lightweight. I actually believe that Bradley is faster than Pacquiao at 147 and has better stamina. The big question is, is that enough to win?

Comment

"Manny Pacquiao is flat out better than FMJ"* - FOTD Roy Jones Jr.
                    Lol! Coming from a definite HOF, I guess we should respect that notion? Don't think so. Roy Jones obviously is jealous of Mayweather's undefeated record and his record breaking numbers. They already have established they dont like each other. So it's only right he would say such a thing.

It's not Mayweather's fault Roy Jones decided to be a rapper(in which he sucked at) and thought he could take boxing lightly. Which then resulted in him getting his ass knocked out all the time.

But as if Roy Jones hasn't learned how to not make a fool of himself, he continues to box scrubs and STILL get knocked out.

Mayweather fights Cotto at 154 after a career resurrecting victory over Margarito That in which both him and Cotto gave the fans a fight that will easilly be a FOTY candidate. Mayweather never demanded that the weight be below 154. Stating he wanted to fight Cotto at a weight he was comfortable with. Obviously we see that Cotto is much more comfortable fighting at 154. As he has stated this himself and claimed that he will never move down again.

Pacquiao fights a weight drained Cotto after a devastating loss to Margarito. When presented with a rematch after Cotto gets his confidence back, he refuses to go up in weight even though he has more punching power than Mayweather. Why is Floyd willing to go up in weight, but Pacquiao is not?

Mayweather dominates Marquez after taking over a year off from boxing. In which at the time Marquez was ranked 2nd on p4p list.

Pacquiao fights Marquez for a 3rd time and still doesnt even know if he proved he is the better fighter. Marquez put on a boxing clinic and was robbed of a victory. At the very least it should have been a draw. But I seen Marquez win the fight outright with Pacquiao not doing enough to declare himself the winner. It would seem he has to fight Marquez a 4th time to prove he is the better boxer, while Mayweather did it after taking a year off of boxing. Clearly proving that Marquez could not beat him in the ring.

Mayweather is the first to defeat Ricky Hatton

Pacquiao then fights a depressed and shot Ricky Hatton and the fight stopped sooner than it did with Mayweather. Of course somehow this is interpreted as Pacquiao being better than Mayweather which would then make absolutely no sense. Since Hatton was shot and was no longer an elite fighter after being exposed by Floyd.

Pacquiao proclaims " he is scared of needles " and doesnt want a small amount of blood taken from him too close to the fight. Yet he has multiple tattoos and also claims to be a warrior. How can a warrior be afraid of needles and say that taking a small amount of blood will weaken him? After Floyd cuts him up, will him losing a small amount of blood be the reason he throws in the towel?

Pacquiao's camp is now saying they have agreed to the Olympic style blood testing, yet this is an absolute lie. On top of this, assuming the issue of the Blood Test was agreed upon, Arum would then reject May 5th at the MGM Grand claiming it should be at a bigger venue. That which would take more time than Floyd could afford to spare with him scheduled to do 90 days in jail soon.

Pacquiao claims that he would take less money to fight Floyd. Yet he rejected a guaranteed 40 million dollar offer from Floyd. And demanded a 50/50 split. I'd like for someone to research when Pacquiao ever had a guarantee of over 20 million.

Pacquioa's promoter Bob Arum proclaims Pacquiao has an injury and he cannot fight May 5th. Bob Arum then turns and says that Pacquiao could fight on May 5th.

I could go on and on. But it's not enough time in a day. I could also post sources to the quotes. But why waste time? It's getting old.

Comment

Working...
                    X