Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      What do you mean by "bad"
      Crappy records I reckon.

Comment

Does that exist?

Comment

Hence them being called "Amateur" and "Professional"

Comment

well not that stellar as pros, I mean the amateur record was not as clean as the pro one. Is there any fighters like this?

Comment

I know you said Mexicans don't count, but this Librado Andrade stat is really impressive:

"During an HBO telecast of his fight against Yusaf Mack, it was reported that Andrade lost 14 of his 16 amateur bouts"

Comment

An interesting question....

My guess is that there are very few if any fighters like that. While it's certainly not unheard of for a strong amateur not to make it in the pros, I'd say a poor amateur almost certainly can't have professional success. If you're getting beat amongst guys that'll never fight pro (like most amateurs), what can be expected when you take a step up?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  I know you said Mexicans don't count, but this Librado Andrade stat is really impressive:

"During an HBO telecast of his fight against Yusaf Mack, it was reported that Andrade lost 14 of his 16 amateur bouts"
                  That's very interesting, if accurate. You would think that a guy like that would naturally give it up, or have someone tell them not to quit their day job. lol

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    That's very interesting, if accurate. You would think that a guy like that would naturally give it up, or have someone tell them not to quit their day job. lol
                    I kinda doubt it's accurate, I feel like it was exaggerated in the way most guys exaggerate amateur wins But it's the only available piece of info, and I remember them saying it on hbo.

The problem was, his day job was at Burger King. So turns out he made the right choice, his talents were much better suited to the pros.

Comment

Working...
                    X