• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Kaepernick throws a 92 mph fastball

http://www.hollywoodteennews.com/

So?..........

Comment

who????????????

it was probably 92km's....i can do that with my foot.

Comment

So?, thats a pretty disappointing number, thats home run pitch speed. He better have pinpoint accuracy, and have a bunch of junk that he throws with it.

In high school i was clocked at 86 mph.....and i was like he 4th-5th slowest pitcher on the team. 86mph two seam tho, not four seam, so it had alot of movement and cut in on the hands (or cut away from left handed hitters)

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
          who????????????

it was probably 92km's....i can do that with my foot.
          keep your fantasies to your self boy!

Comment

I think the thread starter was trying to say that Kaepernick is a tremendous athlete (which you can see at QB). About his baseball life-

"He was a two-time all-state baseball player in California and was listed as a draftable prospect on Major League Baseball's website in the class of 2006. He earned Northern California athlete of the week honors as a pitcher. He was reported to throw a 92 mph (148 km/h) fastball as a senior in high school, as reported during Kaepernick's first college football start in 2007 against Boise State[3] He was also a member of the Brewers Grey squad in the 2005 Area Code games. During his senior year, Kaepernick pitched two no-hitters in high school play. He also turned down numerous scholarship offers to play baseball at many notable NCAA programs, instead taking his lone football scholarship offer to play quarterback at Nevada.[citation needed]. In his senior year of high school, Kaepernick had an ERA of 1.265 with 13 starts and 10 complete games. He finished the year with an 11-2 record with 97 strikeouts and 39 walks.

2009 MLB DraftIn the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft, Kaepernick was drafted in the 43rd round by the Chicago Cubs.[4] Kaepernick decided that he wanted to continue to play football at the University of Nevada and chose not to sign with the Cubs."

Comment

It's pretty well known. His dad made him promise to play baseball professionally once his college career was over if he didn't get drafted by an NFL team.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
                It's pretty well known. His dad made him promise to play baseball professionally once his college career was over if he didn't get drafted by an NFL team.
                Hard to say if he would have made it based off that. For mere mortals that's an impressive arm, but by MLB standards it's nothing truly exceptional, it's more like the bare minimum. In fact you'll find position players on any team that can throw just as hard, often guys who were pitchers or pitching prospects as amateurs but had more ability with the bat and glove. If you look at the high school level, the best players often tend to be the best all-around athletes period, simultaneously the best pitcher and position player on their team, so it's not that surprising.

Comment

I remember them clocking McNabb's passes at around 55+MPH, the figured it would be equivalent to him throwing a bball around 90+MPH. They did it with some other players too however I can't remember how fast their passes were.

Comment

Mcnabb definately had a strong arm.. I wonder what Vick could throw. They took the football mph test out of the NFL combine .. they should have kept it

Comment

Working...
                    X