No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yvon Michel: We Were Surprised When Dirrell Pulled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yvon Michel: We Were Surprised When Dirrell Pulled Out

By Jake Donovan - The string of events which led to Adonis Stevenson now facing Donovan George in a super middleweight title elimination bout next month only goes to show that you can never be too prepared.

Even his handlers were surprised, this after taking all of the precautionary measures in advance.

“I was surprised when Andre Dirrell pulled out of the fight,” admitted Yvon Michel, president of GYM Promotions, who handles Stevenson. “I had a brief conversation with Leonard Ellerbe (who runs Mayweather Promotions, Dirrell’s promoter) and we were supposed to have a conference call to discuss the fight.”

Terms were discussed in advance for Stevenson and Dirrell to fight on August 11. The bout was to air on Showtime, serving as the co-feature to Tavoris Cloud’s light heavyweight title fight with former lineal champ Jean Pascal, whom GYM also promotes.

When Dirrell paused at signing off on the bout, GYM went proactive. An expedited purse bid was requested – and granted – and the promoters also offered an undercard slot to George, with the promise that he would land the assignment against Stevenson in the event that Dirrell pulled out. [Click Here To Read More]

Im looking forward to reading dirrell's explanation. I've got a feeling that it involves Dr. Shaw-Hi.

Comment

Surprised.?.?.? Why???

Comment

Dirrell is letting his career go to waste.

Comment

Nobody's surprised. Even my dog knows he's going to pu55y out of this fight.

Comment

You're the only one then.

Comment

Working...
            X