Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some awesome boxing quotes to hype tonight's fight even more....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some awesome boxing quotes to hype tonight's fight even more....

Joe Goosen, Legendary Boxing Trainer:

"I just think Pacquiao is a juggernaut right now... and I would just say that maybe that's the reason (Floyd's) throwing up all these smokescreens and roadblocks because he (Floyd) doesn't wanna get in the ring with him (Pac)...
    (Floyd) should just say yes to the fight, forget all the testing, this guy's (Pac) not on drugs. There's a little air there in all this that's just not right."

Bert Sugar, Boxing Historian and ESPN Analyst:

"A convenient way out for Mayweather"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_wa...eature=related

Al Bernstein, Showtime Boxing Analyst:

“It seems patently obvious to me that Floyd and his minions killed the Pacquiao fight. The bottom line is that the fight was basically a done deal before they decided to inject the demands for blood testing into the picture. Pure and simple, Golden Boy and Floyd and his advisers created the problem, and it ended up killing the fight.”

Dan Rafael from ESPN:

"Mayweather shouldn't be making accusations without a shred of proof as he tries to discredit all of Pacquiao's great accomplishments, nor should he try to circumvent the Nevada rules by asking for blood tests when the commission has never asked for them."

Larry Holmes, Heavyweight Champion:

"I wish I could see Mayweather and Pacquiao fight, but what they're (Floyd's camp) doing right now is hurting boxing because people want to see the fight... They're trying to bring up stuff that is taking away from the fight with drug tests and accusations... I don't get it."

Thomas Hauser, HBO.com:

"There were times during the past month when the conduct of Team Mayweather had the look of an effort to sabotage the fight. A negotiator who wants to make a deal doesn’t go out of his way to antagonize and publicly embarrass the other side. But that’s what the Mayweathers and Golden Boy did."

Jim Strickland, David Diaz's Trainer/retired licensed pharmacist

“I don’t see any reason of accusing Manny of using illegal drugs in our fight.”

Timothy Bradley, WBO/WBC Jr. Welterweight Champion:

"I don't think Manny is on anything. He's just on top of his game right now."

James Toney, Multi division Champion:

"Who is Mayweather to ask for the tests? Why didn’t he ask Marquez? Manny’s not on 'roids."

Mike Silver, noted Boxing Historian:

"I think it fell apart because basically Mayweather never wanted to fight Pacquiao. He wants to continue and fight guys he can beat and fool the public.

Roy Jones, Jr.:

"Hell naw. Why change the rules on me? Because I'm coming up in weight means I'm doing steroids? They're giving you a test for that anyway. It would be something that would aggravate me because then after I beat you, I was on something, don't play with me. Either you want to fight or you don't want to fight."

Originally posted by SteveJarvey View Post

Roy Jones, Jr.:

"Hell naw. Why change the rules on me? Because I'm coming up in weight means I'm doing steroids? They're giving you a test for that anyway. It would be something that would aggravate me because then after I beat you, I was on something, don't play with me. Either you want to fight or you don't want to fight."
    Well said.

Your are asking for extra drug testing on somebody that has never been tested positive for anything. That's not cleaning up the sport. If it's not broken, then why fix it.

A lot of people just says, oh, Pacquiao should just take the test because Mayweather says so. BULL****!!! No he doesn't. Mayweather just needs to drop this drug crusade bull**** and just fight.

Are you a drug crusader or a boxer?

If you are a boxer, then prove it in the ring!

Get past Mosley and let's make this fight happen. PERIOD!!!!

Comment

Bump to hype later's fight

Comment

LOL. I thought you were actually going to hype up the May-Mosley bout. Good quotes though. Mayweather said it himself on 24/7 when his car was seen at the scene of a shooting, "Innocent until proven guilty".

Comment

Working...
        X