Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todd DuBoef Explains Top Rank and Golden Boy Issue (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd DuBoef Explains Top Rank and Golden Boy Issue (Video)

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    That's some arrogant bullshit from DuBoef. What an asshole. The long, rambling answer that essentially said the best fights don't happen because promoters want to milk more money from the fights was bad enough, but for him then to argue that there aren't any fights the fans want to see that they're not getting took the fucking piss.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I like Todd, and I sincerely hope when he takes over fully, he'll run it without the pettiness and bitterness of Arum (but this is boxing, and since when do things ever get better?).

However, whilst he's right about GBP's media posturing being the wrong way to do business - it's obvious Arum has been preventing fights made with GBP. Bob came out and said he wouldn't make fights with GBP after the insinuations Oscar made about Pac being on PEDs in support of Floyd. Since then, we've had no f-cking fights between these two companies.

He also tried to destroy GBP by cherry-picking their fighters, luring them with a fight against Pac (JMM, Shane).

So Bob and Todd can talk about business models and GBP being tied up with Showtime or whatever the fook but the truth is, TR don't want to do business with GBP. They made a conscious decision to go this way.

So Todd can talk about catching the NBA and NFL - but how can we take any of that seriously when his company is stunting the growth of the sport by obstructing so many match-ups?

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        So Todd can talk about catching the NBA and NFL - but how can we take any of that seriously when his company is stunting the growth of the sport by obstructing so many match-ups?
        That's populist nonsense, serving no other purpose than trying (rather desperately) to curry favour with boxing fans. Of course there's always an opportunity for them to back up their words by foregoing some short term cash in the long term interests of the sport.

As far as the TR-GBP feud goes, it certainly does seem to be the case that Arum thinks they can ride out the Golden Boy challenge. And there are definitely two sides to the dispute with Golden Boy contributing plenty to the argument as well.

However, when one looks at the most important neighbourhood in the sport right now, TR look to be getting their asses kicked. It's Pacquiao, Rios, Bradley, and Marquez Vs. Mayweather (more or less), Khan, Canelo, Garcia, Guerrero, Ortiz, Matthysse, and Broner. I know which stable I'd prefer.

Comment

i like todd and hope he fully takes over top rank soon....

but he's lying.... if they can "co-promote" than why did they find it a necessity to "steal" golden boy fighters for pacquiao fight.... this is something they did twice in a row (mosley,marquez) so spare me the "we can co-promote"....

they were too busy luring fighters to just pacquiao fight meanwhile richard schaefer went around and sign the whole 140 lb-147lb division... this is chess not checkers and right now top rank is losing

Comment

So the fights that the fans want to see is just "graffiti" in the Internet according to Top Rank. Apparentlt that's a nice way to say that the fans don't matter and tough luck seeing the best fights until it makes the most marketing sense for Top Rank.

Comment

i like todd and think he will be good when he takes over for bob and hopefully gbp/top rank can make the fights in the future the fans want. todd seem likes a bright dude though and seems to be good with new technology

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                Thanks for that.

I like Todd, and I sincerely hope when he takes over fully, he'll run it without the pettiness and bitterness of Arum (but this is boxing, and since when do things ever get better?).

However, whilst he's right about GBP's media posturing being the wrong way to do business - it's obvious Arum has been preventing fights made with GBP. Bob came out and said he wouldn't make fights with GBP after the insinuations Oscar made about Pac being on PEDs in support of Floyd. Since then, we've had no f-cking fights between these two companies.

He also tried to destroy GBP by cherry-picking their fighters, luring them with a fight against Pac (JMM, Shane).

So Bob and Todd can talk about business models and GBP being tied up with Showtime or whatever the fook but the truth is, TR don't want to do business with GBP. They made a conscious decision to go this way.

wtf is danny garcia dad doing in that?

Comment

Can't watch the video but had a feeling Todd would come out with this tone.

He will slowly morph in Arum 2.0 only slightly less scummy.

Comment

Good vid/interview..

Comment

Working...
                    X