Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which HW contenders can succeed the Klitschkos.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which HW contenders can succeed the Klitschkos.

S. Mitchell - likely mandatory for Wlad in 2013.

D. Wilder - Plenty of fights on his resume, now; but level of competition needs to be upped.

T. Fury - Big guy, but questionable boxing skills.

K. Pulev - Perhaps the best placed, presently; although quite small and somewhat cumbersome.

R. Helenius - big talk about this guy before the Chisora showing. Certainly he has all of the attributes.

D. Price - Again, big guy. Questionable chin, though. Like Wilder, needs to step up in competition.

D. Haye - Hated by millions and in boxing for all the wrong reasons; but, he has power and speed. Questions re. his chin partially addressed in Wladimir fight.

A. Povetkin - Another who boasts an excellent amateur record; but has been carefully matched as a pro.

C. Arreola - Somehow still relevant. Likely to be given Vitali's WBC belt...
    D. Price
    70.00%
    T. Fury
    0.00%
    K. Pulev
    20.00%
    D. Wilder
    0.00%
    C. Arreola
    0.00%
    D. Haye
    0.00%
    A. Povetkin
    0.00%
    S. Mitchell
    0.00%
    R. Helenius
    10.00%

Dammit. Forgot Solis

Comment

S. Mitchell - likely mandatory for Wlad in 2013.
      Entertaining, but actually already pretty old,needs to move quickly in his career now, can be in entertaining fights, won't be anything special in the end

D. Wilder - Plenty of fights on his resume, now; but level of competition needs to be upped.
      He's a bum

T. Fury - Big guy, but questionable boxing skills.
      Is improving, needs more improvment, lets wait and see

K. Pulev - Perhaps the best placed, presently; although quite small and somewhat cumbersome.
      6 foot 4 and a half and 250lbs is not small, even today. He has good skills but he's already 31 years old, he might do something but he wont last long imo, too old.

R. Helenius - big talk about this guy before the Chisora showing. Certainly he has all of the attributes.
      No he doesn't, he was exposed badly by Chisora, has no inside game at all and is slow of foot

D. Price - Again, big guy. Questionable chin, though. Like Wilder, needs to step up in competition.
      The best bet like now, not comparible to Wilder in any way, even level of competition

D. Haye - Hated by millions and in boxing for all the wrong reasons; but, he has power and speed. Questions re. his chin partially addressed in Wladimir fight.
      Hated by millions? more like Hated by a few chumps on internet forums.

Anyway he has the best skills of anyone on this list, but is a blown up cruiser, can't compete with guys so much bigger, but is entertaining vs guys near his size

A. Povetkin - Another who boasts an excellent amateur record; but has been carefully matched as a pro.
      Not great, bashed up by Huck at points, who's a basic cruiserweight

C. Arreola - Somehow still relevant. Likely to be given Vitali's WBC belt.
      Clubfighter

Comment

Your best bets on there is like this

Price
        Pulev

Fury

Mitchell

Helenius

Wilder

The rest of them are not going to be "the future" as they are too old or have already been shown up

Comment

I agree with Earl's thought except on Wilder and Pulev. Pulev at 31 is not old for the division, whilst Wilder like Fury is improving if not needs too by fighter tougher opposition.

Price appears to be the number one guy to take that mantle.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
            I agree with Earl's thought except on Wilder and Pulev. Pulev at 31 is not old for the division, whilst Wilder like Fury is improving if not needs too by fighter tougher opposition.

Price appears to be the number one guy to take that mantle.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Haye re-emerge post-Vitali, but otherwise it's Mitchell, Price and Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              I wouldn't be surprised to see Haye re-emerge post-Vitali, but otherwise it's Mitchell, Price and Pulev.
              Haye is like a ghost to me, it's as if he is erased from my memory.

I see no reason why he shouldn't become champ against post-Vitali, might be a way to draw a 2nd fight with Wlad.

Comment

If Haye can go all out I give him a decent chance of beating Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  If Haye can go all out I give him a decent chance of beating Vitali.
                  Providing he has a healthy toe.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                    Providing he has a healthy toe.
                    Yea.

I'm surprised most people wouldn't give Arreola a good chance at beating Wlad considering how weak they think his chin is.

Comment

Working...
                    X