Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Wants Olympic Drug Tests For Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Wants Olympic Drug Tests For Chavez Jr.

WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs) is open to a rematch with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) in 2013. On September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Martinez won a twelve round unanimous decision to capture the title.

Martinez was very skeptical about facing Chavez in a rematch at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Argentine champion has no problem with the venue - but only if Chavez Jr. undergoes Olympic style drug testing. [Click Here To Read More]

I don't blame Martinez one bit, it should be VADA too.

Comment

Maravilla is a smart man. I don't blame him one bit. Sergio don't let Arum and Co. put you in a corner! Speak up champ, you call the shots now!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs) is open to a rematch with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) in 2013. On September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Martinez won a twelve round unanimous decision to capture the title.

Martinez was very skeptical about facing Chavez in a rematch at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Argentine champion has no problem with the venue - but only if Chavez Jr. undergoes Olympic style drug testing. [Click Here To Read More]
        Does this mean Sergio really doesn't want to fight chavez again and is in fact ducking him?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Does this mean Sergio really doesn't want to fight chavez again and is in fact ducking him?
          Your kidding right? because if you are then you must not be too bright. Good for Martinez, this chavez cat has gotten way too many passes by the WBC and his promoter.

Comment

Hell of an idea from Sergio if it is in fact going to be in Texas... where Julio has escaped testing before.

The sad part, even with how badly Sergio beat Julio in Vegas a couple weeks ago, in Texas, that kind of performance may be viewed as a split decision worthy.

Comment

Everybody knows JR is on something. It's obvious as hell. Look at his track record. Martinez is well justified in his request. Btw, I'm lovin how Martinez gets to call the shots now!
              Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 09-26-2012, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Great to hear.

Chavez has been the one in a position to refuse testing and pretty much do whatever he feels like for far too long. After getting his face broken and generally embarrassed by Sergio, he has no leverage. Sergio can call the shots and this is the main one that needs to be called, don't let the man with previous for being a drug cheat away without real testing.

Comment

Sergio is not getting any younger.

Personally i wouldn't waste another fight talking on Chavez jr. Go after the big draws. Mayweather, Cotto,

Comment

Originally posted by Cormega View Post
                    Your kidding right? because if you are then you must not be too bright. Good for Martinez, this chavez cat has gotten way too many passes by the WBC and his promoter.
                    i was employing pac fan logic that requesting OST is a duck move. I agree that its time Chavez take some enhanced tests.

Comment

Working...
                    X