Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

didnt Arum say he did not want goldenboy involved??now he wants them for floyds purse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arum will do his best to stop this fight from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      where are these"inverstors??"who are suppose to cover the purses??and why all the sudden did this"staduim"he had to build come up then vanish all the sudden..talking about peoples iq??try using your own mind and open your eyes..Arum has a new excuse every damn day
      Bold- Waiting to give Manny his guarantee

Red- That's on Floyd 'I'm my own boss' Mayweather or GBP to figure out. But just a bit of advice to them though... don't ask any more rappers for money
      Ultimately, Mayweather steers his own ship, which sometimes encounters rocky seas, from a business standpoint, but is his ship nonetheless. And so he and others that he designates customarily talk to outside parties about putting up money to stage fights. I know, because I have seen it. What may happen after that, upon the culmination of a deal, is their choice, and they may choose to hire Golden Boy to promote the fight, or they may not.
      Take the fight against Victor Ortiz, for example.

Mayweather, who sometimes shuffles people in and out of his circle, had been going around, trying to find a huge guarantee for a fight to come back with. After some unsuccessful meetings, he was able to convince a group that included rappers Jay-Z and 50 Cent to put up a guarantee of $42 million for a fight with Ortiz. The deal was that the group was to get back the first $47 million, aside from the percentages that HBO and the cable carriers were taking out of the pay-per-view.

However, that guarantee was made on the basis of some assurances about the prospects for foreign revenue that didn’t turn out to be valid, so the rappers dropped out.

Read more: http://www.*************.com/columns...#ixzz1jIUVVL6T

First, study up what you don't know, then make whiny, attention-whoring post.

Comment

how long does it take to make a temporary stadium?

it's temporary.

i'm pretty sure they can set one up in time for may 5 no?

Comment

Bob Arum seems to be suffering from dementia. He needs to sit his old ass down somewhere and let Todd run things. He's saying so many things, but none of them are remotely optimistic. He spews random negativity on a random basis. He's contradicted himself so many times. In order to keep up with all of the excuses, I'd have to set a google alert. We need a real time excuse ticker for Bob Arum. I'd think it would be less stress on him and himself if he just flat out admitted that he has no interest or intent on putting Pac in there with Floyd. It would be easier to just be honest, and move on. He wants to string people along rather than admit the truth. At this rate, he's going to lie himself to death.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

Red- That's on Floyd 'I'm my own boss' Mayweather or GBP to figure out. But just a bit of advice to them though... don't ask any more rappers for money
            Ultimately, Mayweather steers his own ship, which sometimes encounters rocky seas, from a business standpoint, but is his ship nonetheless. And so he and others that he designates customarily talk to outside parties about putting up money to stage fights. I know, because I have seen it. What may happen after that, upon the culmination of a deal, is their choice, and they may choose to hire Golden Boy to promote the fight, or they may not.

Mayweather, who sometimes shuffles people in and out of his circle, had been going around, trying to find a huge guarantee for a fight to come back with. After some unsuccessful meetings, he was able to convince a group that included rappers Jay-Z and 50 Cent to put up a guarantee of $42 million for a fight with Ortiz. The deal was that the group was to get back the first $47 million, aside from the percentages that HBO and the cable carriers were taking out of the pay-per-view.

However, that guarantee was made on the basis of some assurances about the prospects for foreign revenue that didn’t turn out to be valid, so the rappers dropped out.

Fuk me your an idiot , you pull snippets of what amounts to nothing out of context to make a lame point that dont mean **** anyway !

Comment

Arum said he had investors willing to guarantee both of their purses..stop making things up..i can easily post links to shut you down

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                Arum said he had investors willing to guarantee both of their purses..stop making things up..i can easily post links to shut you down
                Yeah... exactly like I said earlier. But Floyd didn't want that deal when Arum offered it to him and now he's negotiating fights with GBP. If Arum comes up with the guarantees for both fighters, then why is GBP necessary when they're not even Floyd's contracted promoter?

It's not as hard as you're making it seem. Remember (or learn) the principle of occam's razor. Meditate on this, take all the time you need, then get back to me. I'll wait.

Comment

Yeah... exactly like I said earlier. But Floyd didn't want that deal when Arum offered it to him and now he's negotiating fights with GBP. If Arum comes up with the guarantees for both fighters, then why is GBP necessary when they're not even Floyd's contracted promoter?

It's not as hard as you're making it seem. Remember (or learn) the principle of occam's razor. Meditate on this, take all the time you need, then get back to me. I'll wait.

so why today is arum bringing up goldenboy??

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    how long does it take to make a temporary stadium?

it's temporary.

i'm pretty sure they can set one up in time for may 5 no?
                    6 weeks according to eaner .....

Comment

Is it financially possible to get the fight done?

Comment

Working...
                      X