Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't wait for Porter and Thurman to step up...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't wait for Porter and Thurman to step up...

Before anointing Porter, Thurman and Golovkin as the best, lets see how they do when they step up.

Golovkin has a lot to prove vs Chavez Jr. before he deserves Martinez.

Heck throw Porter and Thurman the ring with each other.

Porter did manhandle Devon Alexander. There aren't many levels above Alexander at WW.

Comment

I'll honestly have to say I forgot how he handled Alexander who isn't the easiest to fight.

Comment

Porter has two good wins in a row, I like his tough rough style and his out of ring demeanor, nice guy. I have been a Thurman believer but wonder if he can survive against a big skilled puncher after seeing him dazed a couple times

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
          Before anointing Porter, Thurman and Golovkin as the best, lets see how they do when they step up.

Golovkin has a lot to prove vs Chavez Jr. before he deserves Martinez.

Heck throw Porter and Thurman the ring with each other .
          Hell yes! They raised this in the interview last night. It'd pay to see that!
          Last edited by fight_professor; 04-27-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Porter did manhandle Devon Alexander. There aren't many levels above Alexander at WW.
            Porter was physically stronger than Alexander and a lot busier but he isn't any quicker or more skilled, so I'm not sure what you mean by your statement.

Thurman is more impressive, he really has those intangibles that you can't prepare for, I think he'd beat Porter and look good doing it.

Comment

Interesting to see people overlooking Brook. Porter has to get past him first, and i'm not convinced it will be as easy as many seem to think.

Comment

i will be 2 or three fights down the line, one time knows wassup and wants to make some cheese before that big risk

Comment

Porter has a lot to prove, as well as Thurman, this is exactly why they need to fight each other. Lets stop fucking pretending like Porter doesn't have a lot to prove with the favorable styles he's been facing. I like Porter, humble dude but I want to see whether he's real or not and right now that's still in question. Lets see if Porter's aggressive style can avoid Thurman's counters.

Oh by the way, this is the most appealing fight for me in the sport at this moment, THE MOST.

Comment

Honestly I'd rather see both against other top 147's than each other right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X