No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Retires From Boxing After Crushing Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Retires From Boxing After Crushing Loss

Former world champion Ricky Hatton has announced his second retirement after being soundly beaten in his return to boxing after a three year retirement.

Former world champion Ricky Hatton announced his second retirement from boxing after his comeback bout against Ukraine's Vyacheslav Senchenko ended in defeat on Saturday.

After a three-and-a-half year retirement from the sport, in which the 34-year-old Englishman battled alcohol and drug problems, as well as depression, Hatton was outclassed by Senchenko, who took victory on a ninth-round stoppage. [Click Here To Read More]

Too late, he should have done this after getting flattened by Pac and May.

Comment

Hatton: "Whos got the YAYO!"

Comment

REallyyyyy hope Ricky doesn't take this hard like the last ones...he's proven himself by bouncing back from his personal problems and getting back into shape and giving a good account of himself after a difficult 3 years out of the sport. Keep your head up Rick. Plus most guys wouldn't return to fight after 3 yrs against someone at that level, yeah Paulie stopped him but he's as long and rangy and was fortunate the eye injury lead to the stoppage. Ricky was doing well but Senchenko is a bigger, longer, stronger technical boxer it was a bad style matchup for him and a difficult first fight back. Damn, kind of puts in perspective how amazing Leonard was and how insane that win over Hagler was...

Comment

Really?.. I was looking fwd to the Pacquiao and Malignaggi rematch. Oh well. enjoy your retirement Ricky!

Comment

cant believe people are taking shots at ricky. but seriously i think hatton should be on suicide watch since he talked about how he was going to during the build up to this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
              Hatton: "Whos got the YAYO!"

Comment

Time to hang um up Ricky. What a great fighter, and a great person as well. Thanks for all the exciting fights Champ, not an ounce of quit in you. No matter what Ricky "Hitman" Hatton, you are a true Champion.

Comment

Unless Ricky has made another announcement since the post fight interview directly after the fight, he didn't actually say he was gonna retire for sure. In fact, he said several times that he really needed to think about it.

At any rate.... God love Ricky. I don't know who couldn't like the guy, he's priceless as a person. I must admit though that he didn't look any different in there to me then he always has. He was talking about doing all these things different and that we'd see a different fighter in there, but other then not grappling as much as he used to, he still looked the same to me. That bounce, then pounce thing he does though is frustrating - and when he's lunging in (pouncing) he throws his whole body in to those wild shots.

He looks absolutely devistated. I'm afraid that if he doesn't keep it together and have an incredible support system (apparently he does have the support, but will he use it?) that this could push him over the edge. I feel soooo stinkin bad for him right now.

Keep yo head up Ricky! The people still (obvioulsy) love you, no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Former world champion Ricky Hatton has announced his second retirement after being soundly beaten in his return to boxing after a three year retirement.

Former world champion Ricky Hatton announced his second retirement from boxing after his comeback bout against Ukraine's Vyacheslav Senchenko ended in defeat on Saturday.

After a three-and-a-half year retirement from the sport, in which the 34-year-old Englishman battled alcohol and drug problems, as well as depression, Hatton was outclassed by Senchenko, who took victory on a ninth-round stoppage. [Click Here To Read More]
                    Hatton wasnt "outclassed"
                    He was winning the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X