Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actors Who Were Good Boxers - And Vice Versa.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
    I forgot about him! Cobb had a good career in the 80s and 90s as a character actor. Raising Arizona was his most memorable one.

Comment

James Toney impersonated Frazier in the Ali movie.

Comment

monzon, rosenbloom, moore, norton, carpentier; all actors.

Comment

john l sullivan and james j corrbett were actors as well

Comment

Robert Ryan was a tuff guy in real life was known as a good boxer.
            Tex Cobb made the best of his ligit "tuff guy" image and was actually a very actor, limited in type but he did well.
            For me the best was Charles Bronson don't know if he fought or not but just watch an obscure movie called "Hard Times" with Bronson and Colburn in the leads about a street fighter in the Depression era. That guy had some beautifull combos and his stance and balance was spot on. Definetly could have been in the ring!! Ray.

Comment

Not sure if Martin Lawrence was mentioned in this thread, but I've seen him play around and shadow box and you could tell he knows what's he's doing. Everything from the stance to punch form, head movement, and defense.

In one of his episodes in the 90's he was fake fighting against Tommy Hearns. If you've seen the episode where Martin is playing defense against Hearns while being against the ropes, you can tell he's boxed and knows what he's doing.

I'd be interested to see him in action when he was younger.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                lol Palomino might knock you out for that.

LOL Palomino hates Pacquiao's guts. That guy used to write guest blogs for some local paper and was hating on Pacman ever since the 126 pound days, he even said David Diaz would be too strong and knock out Pacman that 135 pounds is too high weight for Pac.
                he just mad cause Pacman has been knocking Mexicans out

Comment

Hagler!

lmao

Comment

Mike Tyson - Hangover I and II
                    50 Cent - boxed in amateurs (acted in a few movies for those that don't know)
                    Adam Carolla - boxed in amateurs, boxing instructor

Comment

Working...
                    X