Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight turned you from a casual fan to a hardcore fan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fight turned you from a casual fan to a hardcore fan?

for me it was winky vs tito

I can remember being a young kid in nyc. Tito was like a god amongst ricans. I would defend his "victory" over dlh to the death against my mexican peers lol. He koed mayorga in an entertaining fight. So i thought he would do the same to winky. Tito vs this pillow puncher?... its a no brainer. hes gonna steamroll him. Boy was i wrong.

i watched winky just embarrass tito for 12 rds. he couldnt land anything. Winky just pumped that right jab all night. protecting his face with his gloves and his midsection with his elbows. It was a masterfull display of the sweet science on winkys part. He negated everything tito was trying to do in there and just laughed at him while doing it.

I became a hardcore fan after this fight. and a big fan of pure boxers. Before that night i loved to watch guys like roy jones who were exciting. I hated guys like tarver.... but after witnessing winkys brilliance... I was hooked.

What fight turned u into a hardcore fan?

I can't actually remember which fight turned me into a "hardcore" boxing fan. Boxing was always on the tele when I was a kid and I grew up watching the likes of Naz and Tyson. It was probably both those guys and the fights they had that made me love the sport. I'm trying to think of one fight that got me hooked but I just don't think a single event did that. It was more about the big names that were involved.

Comment

Watching Ray Leonard with my dad.

Comment

I think mine was Pavlik vs Taylor 1.

Comment

From casual into really interested was Calzaghe vs Lacy

then into hardcore i watched Barrera vs Morales 1

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

mayweather-manfredy

Comment

Tito-Vargas.

Comment

vargas/trinidad

Comment

my older brother was a naztard. id watch fights with him on hbo. but when I watched may-manfredy its over from there

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Watching Ray Leonard with my dad.
                    Exactly this...and my Uncle as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X