No announcement yet.

HOF or ATG? Fighters on the Line

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOF or ATG? Fighters on the Line

I've got 5 borderliners who are clearly HOF. But, are they ATG? 1. Oscar De LaHoya; 2. Mannie Pacquiao; 3. Floyd Mayweather, Jr.; 4. Wladimere Klitschko; 5. Juan Manuel Marquez.

Let's see the vote.
    edit the cutoff at Top 50 ATG for clarity.
    multiple choice poll
    Pac is HOF
    9.70%
    Pac is ATG
    16.90%
    Floyd is HOF
    7.76%
    Floyd is barely ATG
    8.59%
    Marquez is HOF
    10.80%
    Marquez is ATG
    9.97%
    Wlad is HOF
    10.80%
    Wlad is ATG
    4.99%
    Oscar is HOF
    13.57%
    Oscar is ATG
    6.93%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Wiley Hyena; 01-01-2013, 08:03 PM.

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
    I've got 5 borderliners who are clearly HOF. But, are they ATG? 1. Oscar De LaHoya; 2. Mannie Pacquiao; 3. Floyd Mayweather, Jr.; 4. Wladimere Klitschko; 5. Juan Manuel Marquez.

Let's see the vote.
    Depends on what you go by Top 50 or Top 100 ATG?

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      Depends on what you go by Top 50 or Top 100 ATG?
      Top 50. Just trying for a general impression here. The Oscar issue is interesting.

Comment

Pacquiao and Mayweather are All Time Greats

Marquez is very close to ATG, but a great hall of famer. Tough one.

Wlad and Hoya are hall of famers.

my 2 pennies.

Comment

Floyd is ATG.

Dunno why you put "barely ATG" in the poll but I clicked that option since it wasn't just HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
            Floyd is ATG.

Dunno why you put "barely ATG" in the poll but I clicked that option since it wasn't just HOF.
            I did that to encourage the Floyd haters to vote their conscience.

Comment

I'm both a Pacquiao fan and Mayweather fan, I don't swing pro Money/anti-Pacman nor Pro Pacman/Anti-Money.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Pacquiao and Mayweather are All Time Greats

Marquez is very close to ATG, but a great hall of famer. Tough one.

Wlad and Hoya are hall of famers.

my 2 pennies.
                I think that about sums it up for me as well. Wlad had losses against lower level guys and no great rivals to showcase himself against once he reached his stride. So that rules him out, great none the less. Oscar lost several of his biggest fights, but he also fought everyone out there. A lot of guys would have more losses if they fought everyone like Oscar. So he's out although a clear hall of famer. Marquez is the one I have the hardest time with. He (in my eyes) only has one actual loss (mayweather obviously.) if the record reflected that, an argument could be made that he is an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  I think that about sums it up for me as well. Wlad had losses against lower level guys and no great rivals to showcase himself against once he reached his stride. So that rules him out, great none the less. Oscar lost several of his biggest fights, but he also fought everyone out there. A lot of guys would have more losses if they fought everyone like Oscar. So he's out although a clear hall of famer. Marquez is the one I have the hardest time with. He (in my eyes) only has one actual loss (mayweather obviously.) if the record reflected that, an argument could be made that he is an all time great.
                  Agreed. What's interesting here is that a few years ago, Oscar would have been a shoe-in ATG. This is the decision of time. Also note that Pac is outracing Floyd to ATG. Intriguing.

Comment

mayweather pac and marquez are ATG to me....

oscard lost most of his big fights
                    the book is still out on wlad

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X