Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the human condition iii: a soldier's prayer
    trois couleurs: rouge

Comment

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, and it's not even close. Everything in that film is masterful - From Leone's quick cuts from the immensely harsh desert landscapes to the closeups of character's facial expressions, to the absolutely stellar soundtrack composed by Ennio Morricone, the look and feel of the sparsely populated village encampments, to the civil war battle side story, and the vintage performance by Clint Eastwood (as well as the comic gold given to us by Eli Wallach).

It simply can't be touched. It also can't be stopped, can't be moved, and can't be rocked.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        part 2 is a classic but 3 is not as bad as you say...
        Dude, 'Rambo III' was a cinematic abortion. Hell, II was even pretty damn stupid with that annoying Asian **** as his sidekick and the silly love story that devolped between them.

Give me 'First Blood' all day every day.

Comment

Army of Darkness. All time great.

Comment

I voted for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. It was a visually stunning movie.

Honorable Mention: Best Japanese Samurai 3 part series: Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

Comment

Return of the King.

Comment

i hate to give obvious answers ( specially about films) but the good, the bad and the ugly and LOTR return of the king takes it...

im reminded of the battle at pelennor fields and its bloody brilliant...

Comment

When I voted I miss read the title and thought it said best "3 part movies" instead of "part 3 movies". That is what i get for having a mild case of Sle-dexia.

Honorable mention could go to unmentioned Goldfinger and MI-III. I lean towards to Return of the King. I thought "Good Bad and Ugly" was great but I don't consider it quite the third part as much as a great western on it's own.

I haven't seen Dark Knight yet.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    i hate to give obvious answers ( specially about films) but the good, the bad and the ugly and LOTR return of the king takes it...

im reminded of the battle at pelennor fields and its bloody brilliant...
                    I can deal with CGI in space movies, but its absolutely unacceptable in a film like LOTR. It hurts the entire series and looks like **** 10 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      I can deal with CGI in space movies, but its absolutely unacceptable in a film like LOTR. It hurts the entire series and looks like **** 10 years later.
                      i see ur point... maybe the greenish dead army turned you off (as it did to me) but to me, those are just little quibbles in an otherwise great closer to the trilogy...

Comment

Working...
                      X