Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My theory on why Pacquiao-Mayweather hasnt happened yet. Do you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
    great points !!!! i have never heard of a congressman using steroids
    Gayweather injects dicks in his butt!

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Couldnt be bothered to readthe OP.

FLoyd accused Pac of roids, and for that under the belt accusation alone is a good enough reason to not take the tests.
      dude..it takes 2 minites to read what i wrote...if you read it you would see what i wrote about the tests....i said they will BOTH take the test..there are other factors that are much bigger IMO...um like $$$$

Comment

While I do agree with your theory, I doubt the fight is happening in 2011. We already know Arum's planning to have Manny fight the winner of Cotto/Margarito II late next year. If this fight ever does happen, I say the earliest is May 2012

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
          hype? can you rebut anything I stated? did floyd go on vacation or not when Manny when to 14 days?

Was floyd thinking about boxing when he made that statement, is he thinking about boxing now?

Dont get into your theories of contracts etc, thats your lies and hype. Floyd said HIMSELF he isnt thinking about boxing and went on vacation. How can you interpret that as Floyd wanting to Manny at the moment?
          yes I agree he did say that..but Freddie Roach also said BEFORE Mayweather went on vacation that "WE NEED MORE TIME TO PREPARE FOR MAYWEATHER, HE IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME"...

so basically Mayweather going on vacation was had no effect on fight cuz roach said they werent ready.

Also you mentioning Mayweather is on vacation fits into my theory of him not wanting to fight this year. Mayweather fights for $$$. How do you know he doesnt feel like the money he wants is available this year. I mean you wanna go off he say she say...why dont you mention what Roach & Pac were saying wayyyyyy before Mayweather went on vacation...like "im afraid of needles....blood makes me weak....i can fight but only if test isnt random and its 30 days before fight".....

like i said...u cant disregard what Team Pac was spewing out, then only take into consideration what Mayweather said months after Team Pac said all of this.....

its all hype man

Comment

oh god, here we go with these theories again to make floyd not look like the bad guy.

It wasnt a vacation, it was the economics!.. or something
            ok hes on a vacation...so what ....the guy fights for money...why fight in 2010 when the economy is ****?...why not fight when its on the rise and BOTH guys can make the most money?

Let me ask you this...if you're Pac and you had 2 chances to fight Mayweather..once in 2010 for 30 million or wait a year and fight him in 2011 and make 50 million? All while racking up millions against stiffs like Margarito & Clottey? Would u wait?

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
              With all of the BS that has went on over the past 2 years there are numerous reasons that people will point towards as to why the Pacquiao-Mayweather hasnt happened yet. Most of the reasons have been along the lines of "Mayweather wants Pac to take test or is afraid of Manny" or "Pac doesnt want to take test and is afraid of Mayweather". While I do agree that to RANDOM Testing is an issue, I think thats a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. I think at the end of the day Manny will take the test and the fight will occur and both sides will be financially happy with the outcome.

Boxing is a business, and GREAT fights are always hyped up with drama. There is always an intriguing story line behind some of the greatest fights of all time. Right now we have hands down the 2 BEST fighters in the sport, so to simply toss them in the ring together is not enough. These 2 guys have to totally not like each other, they have to be villain and hero, one has to be hated and one has to be loved. The fans need to pick sides and ride with that side to hype the fight up. Boxing is a business so $$$$$ will always outweigh FEAR. I dont believe either of these fighters are afraid of each other but I do believe they want to fight each other at a time when they both can get the most possible profit out of the match.

In 2009 is when the talk of this fight started to get buzz, after Hatton was obliterated by a Pacquiao left hand. Before that not many people were even aware of Pacquiao's greatness outside of boxing circles. The mainstream media had not yet grabbed the idea that Pac was on the rise to becoming a PPV attraction. Now he has become that, Mayweather was a PPV start 2 years before Pac was, it would only make sense to build Pac's stock up before putting him in there with the biggest PPV attraction is boxing.

Fast forward to this year....why would Bob Arum put his "cash cow" in with Mayweather last year or this year without cleaning up the $$$ with Pac fighting HIS fighters on HIS promotional company roster? If Arum puts Pac in with Mayweather in 2009 or even 2010 & Mayweather totally outclasses him, do you think anyone would have paid to see Pac-Cotto or Pac-Clottey or even Pac-Margarito? From Bob Arums point of view he can cash in on his stable of fighters, then hit the jackpot with a fight vs Mayweather. Also why do you think Mayweather left Top Rank? Because Bob & Oscar dont want to do big business like that, they are greedy men who feel they deserve more than the other? Why do you think Mayweather isnt going to have Golden Boy represent him & hes messing with Don King? Because Don Kings name holds much more weight than Oscars name does. Don King has promoted the 2 biggest fights in the history of the sport so it would only make sense to have King & Mayweather side by side. This fight would have been an injustice had it been made in 2009 or 2010. The story lines that are driving the hype for this fight is at an all time high, just think if Pac-Mayweather happened in 2009, everyone would have just said "MAYWEATHER IS THE BIGGER FIGHTER, HE IS SUPPOSED TO WIN" or "WHY IS FLOYD FIGHTING MANNY, HE SHOULD FIGHT GUYS BIGGER THAN HIM"!! Now with Pac beating up Cotto, Clottey & Margarito that "Floyd is picking on a smaller fighter" excuse is invalid.

Has anyone taken the crappy economy into consideration? If they fight in 2011 the economy will be on the up & up and there will be more $$$$$ for people to dish out. There will be more money for these companys to give out to be a sponsor or apart of the promotion. Also it will be more money the fighters will get paid. Waiting a year from 2010-2011 will be the difference in how much they get paid...Imagine of it happened this year and they got 30 million each....that 30 million in next years economy will be 50 million. simple economics.

One last thing for all the people who are saying Floyd was afraid to fight Margarito, Cotto & Clottey, thats really not true. Think about it like this----if you're Bob Arum, why put Cotto, Margarito, or Clottey in with Mayweather when its obvious that Mayweather would be the A-Side of the promo and would get a much much much larger purse than either of those guys. Arum would basically be putting his guy in the ring to get outclassed & he walks away with no money. But if he puts these same guys in with PAC, then either way no matter who wins, he keeps all the money. This is really obvious, and I dont see why people dont understand this. He is a promoter, for TOP RANK....Not Mayweather, he knows Clottey, Cotto & Margarito would get outclassed and lose every round vs Mayweather. But with Pac's style being exciting, people just say..."oh these bigger guys were just in with the faster awkward Manny". If mayweather beats these guys with ease by way of "boring"/dominant clinic, people would view them after as used goods with no boxing abilities and noone would pay for them on PPV.

Pacquiao-Mayweather will happen in 2011.....trust me..the hype has reached the ceiling and the economy after Jan 1st will be back on the rise...
              you can mention all the things roach and pac said about needles, being weak but bottomline, they sat down to negotiate a compromise in between, TO MAKE THE FIGHT.

2nd round went by, they compromised even more, to what floyd wanted originally, TO MORE THAN THAT. if anyone sees that as derailing a fight, he should have his head examined.

all your theories about arum trying to cash in on pac before he gets to mayweather can be applied in reverse to floyd. and your timing is wrong, when pac took on cotto, mayweather just finished unretiring and picking on a bloated featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                yes I agree he did say that..but Freddie Roach also said BEFORE Mayweather went on vacation that "WE NEED MORE TIME TO PREPARE FOR MAYWEATHER, HE IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME"...

so basically Mayweather going on vacation was had no effect on fight cuz roach said they werent ready.

Also you mentioning Mayweather is on vacation fits into my theory of him not wanting to fight this year. Mayweather fights for $$$. How do you know he doesnt feel like the money he wants is available this year. I mean you wanna go off he say she say...why dont you mention what Roach & Pac were saying wayyyyyy before Mayweather went on vacation...like "im afraid of needles....blood makes me weak....i can fight but only if test isnt random and its 30 days before fight".....

like i said...u cant disregard what Team Pac was spewing out, then only take into consideration what Mayweather said months after Team Pac said all of this.....

its all hype man

Manny and roach werent ready? you are a ****in liar. They straight up called him out after the Clottey fight.

Dont you remember the Arum countdown? Everyone watched as the clock turned to zero and floyd was still on vacation. Manny and arum did everything they could to try to get Floyd to agree, but he wasn't thinking about boxing. He said it himself. You tell us its hype, but youre a biased little fan boy.

Ross Greenburg confirmed this himself. He is neutral. Obviously you aren't. Arum tried to sign the fight, floyd simply refused. "its still mannys fault! hype! everyone else lies!"
                Last edited by shogunn; 12-08-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I'm not going to read all that ****. The only theory is that Floyd is a puzsy and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                    you can mention all the things roach and pac said about needles, being weak but bottomline, they sat down to negotiate a compromise in between, TO MAKE THE FIGHT.

2nd round went by, they compromised even more, to what floyd wanted originally, TO MORE THAN THAT. if anyone sees that as derailing a fight, he should have his head examined.

all your theories about arum trying to cash in on pac before he gets to mayweather can be applied in reverse to floyd. and your timing is wrong, when pac took on cotto, mayweather just finished unretiring and picking on a bloated featherweight.
                    LMAO..just like Team Pac & Top Rank said that they were negotiating and NOBODY from team Mayweather said they were....whos side you believe is on you. From the facts that have came out and the things that were said...i think Top Rank has been the ones lying...they have numerous excuses that dont add up. You say above I can mention all the lies that Team Pac & Bob Arum said....yet you turn around and tell me that they sat down to negotiate the 2nd time? That makes sense....

Comment

Manny and roach werent ready? you are a ****in liar. They straight up called him out after the Clottey fight.

Dont you remember the Arum countdown? Everyone watched as the clock turned to zero and floyd was still on vacation. Manny and arum did everything they could to try to get Floyd to agree, but he wasn't thinking about boxing. He said it himself. You tell us its hype, but youre a biased little fan boy.

Ross Greenburg confirmed this himself. He is neutral. Obviously you aren't. Arum tried to sign the fight, floyd simply refused. "its still mannys fault! hype! everyone else lies!"

Lmao@ you bringing the INVISIBLE Arum Timeline up....

so basically you're telling me that its mayweatehr fault? You're saying they tried to negotiate, but they really didnt because they dont want RANDOM testing......why cant you understand this. AT NO POINT DID THEY AGREE TO RANDOM TESTING....this just hasnt happened. the only proof you have that this happened is from Bob Arums mouth.....why is it that everyone from team Mayweather denies this? It makes sense really because initially when all this happened it was Pac, Roach, Ariza & Arum that were flip flopping and till this day they do. And now your telling me after months of lies im supposed to believe they said "ok we'll do random".....if they agreed to Random testing then whos gonna do the random testing and why havent the people who are supposed to do the random testing verify this? The only FACTS you have are from a team of people who have been spewing lies from the start?

Comment

Working...
                      X