No announcement yet.

If Mayweather beats Pacquiao..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mayweather beats Pacquiao..

If they eventually do fight and Floyd gets the win, I think the best thing(aside from Mayweather becoming perhaps the greatest boxer of this generation) would be the reaction of the Pac fans. I mean, granted Floyd has a big fan base but I don't think it's comparable to the LEGION of casual boxing fans that Pac has. I personally think he'd retire and he should. Besides, they him. They'll support him with his musical endeavors.

if Mayweather beat Pacquiao, oh yeah, he'd be considered bar none the best fighter of this era. He already pretty much is, he and Pacquiao are pretty much level in that respect, they're the two best fighters out there and they MUST fight! Dammit, we should not be deprived of this showdown....we all know Mayweather avoided Margarito, that's undisputable, he didn't fancy that fight what with Tony's size and strength.... and we know he's handpicked opponents since becoming a welterweight.... that's like 4 years of handpicking.... but now he's fighting Shane, and if he beats Shane and they can make the Pacquiao fight I don't think you can really criticize Floyd's boxing career too much

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
      we all know Mayweather avoided Margarito, that's undisputable, he didn't fancy that fight what with Tony's size and strength....
      I dispute it.
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=351154
      BOB ARUM: "MAYWEATHER would have taken the $8 million to fight MARGARITO."

Horus
      1/24/2010
      Bringing you the facts series. VOL. 1

BOB ARUM: "MAYWEATHER would have taken the $8 million to fight MARGARITO."

If the title of this thread is a surprising to you, honestly I can not blame you..
      How Could you Know that BOB ARUM actually said these words, with the
      the anybody can write an article or create a boxing website boxing media always telling you something different.!!

With alot of revisionist history being played around with on these boards, I wanted bring the facts about one situation in our not to far past that has somehow became a truth with no facts to support it's argument.

How did this happen?

I would argue one of them is the lack of integrity by the anybody can write an article boxing media. Fueled by the contempt that alot of these writers in the media had and have for the Mayweathers.

As a result to this day we have ignorant boxing fans repeating lies they heard and read their favorite writer write on their bias websites. Thus creating atmosphere of unwarranted hate, based on in large part jealousy.

Jealousy of one man's success compared to their own, or compared to their favorite fighters. So the response alot of these writers took was destroying the facts in order to affect the reality. As a result, by in large they succeeded. They flooded the market with the same lines over and over again without any reguard for facts, because their purpose was to destroy one fighters reputation and legacy while hoping to enhance and build another fighters name.

HERE ARE THE FACTS in BOB ARUMS own WORDS!!!

This is quotes from a espn article from 2006

Originally posted by BOB ARUM View Post

Arum said Mayweather preferred to await the outcome of the May 6 Oscar De La Hoya-Ricardo Mayorga fight instead of committing to Margarito because he would prefer to fight De La Hoya.

Many in the sport believe a De La Hoya-Mayweather fight is the biggest fight on the horizon and the only one capable of generating 1 million-plus buys on pay-per-view.

The reason Mayweather opted for the buyout rather than waiting for the May 6 result was because the contract had a limited window for the buyout, one that expired before the De La Hoya fight.

However, Arum said he would have extended the window if Mayweather had asked.

What Arum wouldn't do, he said,was raise the guarantees for other fights outlined in the contract.
      ($10M Miguel Cotto and $10M Ricky Hatton)

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million
      http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

So the question is, How can BOB ARUM saying from his own mouth that
      "Floyd Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito"
      be turn into anything other than that.

As we understand the situation today, if you listening to some in the boxing media
      • "Mayweather turn down the Margarito fight out of fear."
      • "Mayweather ducked Margarito"
      • "Mayweather would not even take 8 million to fight Margarito"
      • "Mayweather alaways duck Fighters like Margarito,Cotto, etc.."

My question is WHEN and WHERE DID ALL THIS DUCKING START AND WHY DID IT START????

The answer is simple, it started when The boxing media and ignorant decided to run away from the facts and instead create their own reality.
      The reality they wanted people to believe was that what Floyd Mayweather has done in his career was in large part based on his cherry picking, and his willingness not to fight fighters like MARGARITO in order to stay undefeated!!!!

I must say, from a effectiveness standpoint it has worked, because no matter what facts I or anybody else could show some of you guys. Alot of you guys will never believe anything other than Mayweather is a ducker and you will used examples like Margarito. When in reality, Mayweather never ducked Margarito. In fact he would have accepted the contract if BOB ARUM would have just guranted $10M for Cotto and $10M for Hatton.
      Infact Arum wanted to offer Mayweather less money for Cotto and Hatton rather than Margarito....

What was the logic behind that???

$8M for Margarito but
      $7M for Cotto and Hatton????

Add in to the fact if Mayweather would have fought Margarito he would have most likely not fought De la hoya...

IMO, Looking how history played out I believe Mayweather made the correct decision in opting out of his TOP RANK contract to go after a fight with De la hoya. In which he made $ 25M. In addition to going after Hatton when he made $20M.

funny thing is here is what Arum what use to say about Floyd before Floyd left him:

http://www.youtube.com/user/barlog20#p/f/3/_tma-5riGoc

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
        If they eventually do fight and Floyd gets the win, I think the best thing(aside from Mayweather becoming perhaps the greatest boxer of this generation) would be the reaction of the Pac fans. I mean, granted Floyd has a big fan base but I don't think it's comparable to the LEGION of casual boxing fans that Pac has. I personally think he'd retire and he should. Besides, they him. They'll support him with his musical endeavors.
        I don't see whats wrong with there being casual fans, its only doing good for the sport. Funny how people cry "Boxing is a dying sport" but then they diss others by saying ******* or *****.

If you were a true boxing fan, you would appreciate what both fighters have done for the sport, but the mind set of people today is that they're all just moany b!tches.

People just need to stfu.
        Last edited by Kaspa9t9; 02-23-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

That fight ain't happening.

Comment

There is no need to pay attention to any haters. You must be good when you are the only boxer cant get credit for fighting anyone. Its called bein in a league of your own.

Comment

the question is if mayweather fights pacquiao

Comment

To Horus;

Posting the vid at the end of Arum bigging up Floyd proves nothing....Arum has never discredited Floyd's skills, few have, just his heart and his willingness to fight the best.

If you wanna call yourself the best, fight the best. Floyd saying he would have taken 8 mill to fight Margarito doesn't mean he would have. You look at that vid of Floyd on youtube when Margarito comes over to challenge him. Floyd says he'll fight Margarito down the line, that the fight will be bigger as a result and it would mean more money for Tony. He was clearly trying to appease Tony and make like he just wanted to wait so that the fight would benefit Margarito. Basically, as you said, as Floyd said, he wanted easy pickings by going up to 54 and fighting an ageing Oscar de la Hoya. He never wanted Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  There is no need to pay attention to any haters. You must be good when you are the only boxer cant get credit for fighting anyone. Its called bein in a league of your own.
                  You are right. The Pacman is in a league of his own and this is the main reason for all the steroid accusations, jealousy and downright stupid comments coming from the Mayweather and Associates group. It's fact that people who cannot cope with the success of others will obsess on it and then jealousy will take over and cause them to start "Smear Campaigns" as in the case of 'Lil Floyd and clan. It's incredible how the weakness of people will bring out the worst in them. Sad

Comment

Working...
                  X