Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martial Arts in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only mma is beneficial in a street fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
      Only mma is beneficial in a street fight.
      MMA is just a bunch of other Martial arts thrown together.

Anyway, in answer to the question, Martial arts can be helpful if you learn how to apply the techniques to someone who isn't just using the exact same techniques you are. The real problem for example with some Karate practitioners is not that the techniques don't work, it' s that they never hone the use of those techniques for combat against people who don't come at them like everyone in their studio does. I've seen people who have done that and the result is an effective approach. For example among Blacks atleast when I grew up, Boxing (or the very basics of it) was second nature, it was just a part of the culture. So if you took a Martial art you knew what the fight would look like if you fought someone from your neighborhood and you could tailor your MA techniques accordingly. You know the guy is going to take a swing at you and not throw a straight punch etc etc. But if you go in expecting the other guy to take you on just like all the sparring partners in your dojo/Dojang, your in for it.
      Last edited by res; 02-06-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

theres a video of that white kid koing a cholo lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I've learned from years of watching MMA the 2 most effective strikes you can possess are the finger to the eyeball and the kick to the nutsack. Those are the only moves with practicing for a street fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            theres a video of that white kid koing a cholo lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Its the practitioner , not the art. Anyone who has martial art / combat sport experience and that spars realisticly has an advantage over some untrained average joe on the street. Funny thing , i train BJJ and MT right now , but i would avoid to fight at all cost. The more you train the less you wanna be in trouble cuz you never know who you mess with in the first place.

Comment

Working...
              X