No announcement yet.

How do you score a round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you score a round?

Everyone has their way of scoring a fight, what do you look for and what do you feel is a fair way to score a round?

Do you score rounds by number of punches landed or thrown? Activity or who landed the harder/cleaner shots? Do you look for a fighter being the aggressor or being slick?

If you could make all judges score the same across the board what type of system would you use?

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
    Everyone has their way of scoring a fight, what do you look for and what do you feel is a fair way to score a round?

Do you score rounds by number of punches landed or thrown? Activity or who landed the harder/cleaner shots? Do you look for a fighter being the aggressor or being slick?

If you could make all judges score the same across the board what type of system would you use?
    A combination between clean, effective punching and ring generalship(who's forcing the action, controlling the pace, make the opponent fight his fight,etc).

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Most effective

I'm not huge on defense tho, i think people give too much credit for blocking/avoiding a punch

Comment

I look for fighters putting hands on the other opponent...

I never overlook the jab...power punches are a plus, but some fighters do damage with the jab and that's overlooked at times....

Comment

who would you rather be in that round. BAM

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            Good point, I would tweek it a little and say who I would rather NOT be in that round lol

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              Who would you rather be in a feeling out round with almost no punches thrown? BAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
                I look for fighters putting hands on the other opponent...

I never overlook the jab...power punches are a plus, but some fighters do damage with the jab and that's overlooked at times....
                I don't look for one or two particular things (ie. landing more punches than the other guy), per say.

I try to keep an open mind for everything that happens in a round - who's controlling the ring, who's forcing the action, who lands the most punches, who lands the cleaner, more effective punches, who's controlling the pace, who's moving better, who has better defense, who's winning the foot battle (if it's orthodox vs. southpaw).

Comment

whoever i like better wins the round.

Comment

I consider the following attributes in order of importance:

1. clean hard punches - who landed the cleaner harder punches? Who landed more punches?

2. effective aggression i.e. coming forward, pressing the fight, landing scoring punches

3. ring generalship - who's dictating the tempo, who's moving around the ring effectively

Here are my scoring guidelines:

I try not to score even rounds

If fighter A knocks fighter B down then I automatically score the round 10-8. Fighter B will have to have dominated the round before/after the knockdown to make it a 10-9 in fighter A's favor.

I don't generally score 10-8 rounds if fighter is not knocked down. The only exception are if I fighter is staggering around the ring for prolonged period or if the fighter is 'out on his feet.' All too often, people try to score 10-8 rounds without a knockdown.

Comment

Working...
                    X