No announcement yet.

what great fights never happened ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinscaddy View Post
    Pryor Duran would of been a great one , anyone know why fight never happened ? Pryor Leonard would of been great .. I know why that fight never happened .. Leonard wanted no part of Pryor .. They used to spar together ... Pryor was beggin Leonard for fight , but srl dodged him bigtime!
    I believe pryor duran never happened because Duran leap over the Jr welterweight Division Looking for The Big Money with Leonard and after leonard duran moved up even another class.
    As far as Leonard I do not no what leonards motivation was Leonard motivation for for avoiding Pryor was. His money fight was with hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
      I mean before the Tyson fights

He was definitely avoided and seen as a very dangerous fighter
      Okay, but that was the 1980's.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
        Optimists might say it hasn't happened yet, but from my perspective, I think history will show that Pacquiao vs Maywether never happened. Not that it would've necessarily been a "great" fight, it's just that we'll never know.
        Even if it happens, we'll never know, because it would be too late, like when Leonard finally fought Hagler. Two years before and it might've been a different result. I happen to think Mayweather wins, whether they fight next year (Pacquiao already signed for a 4th Marquez fight in December) or if they would've fought in 2010, when talks of this fight became big news. Mayweather probably wins a decision, 7 to 5, maybe 8 to 4.

Comment

I mean before the Tyson fights

He was definitely avoided and seen as a very dangerous fighter
          gamboa/lopez back when juan ma had his 0

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
            I believe pryor duran never happened because Duran leap over the Jr welterweight Division Looking for The Big Money with Leonard and after leonard duran moved up even another class.
            As far as Leonard I do not no what leonards motivation was Leonard motivation for for avoiding Pryor was. His money fight was with hearns.
            Pryor avoided Leonard if anything, in the Interview after the Blackmoore fight Pryor said that Leonard offered him a career high payday but Pryor wanted more and priced himself out, something along them lines.
            Last edited by NChristo; 10-17-2012, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
              Thanks,, that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Okay, but that was the 1980's.
                Actually it was really only from 1990 to until he fought Tyson lol

Comment

Actually it was really only from 1990 to until he fought Tyson lol

Ruddock fought Tyson twice in 1991. In 1990 he won three fights, two over clubfighters and one impressive KO over Dokes. You must be seeing something that I'm not.

Comment

So why did Bowe-Lewis never happen?

Comment

Charley Burley vs a lot of guys... He's one of the few boxers where I think he could have proved what P4P really was.

Jack Dempsey vs a lot of guys.
                      Last edited by Japanese Boxing; 10-18-2012, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X