Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More shocking. Floyd ko'd by Cotto in the 1st round or Tyson ko'd by Buster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More shocking. Floyd ko'd by Cotto in the 1st round or Tyson ko'd by Buster?

That's a tough one but I'd say Floyd. Tyson's style changed and he was getting hit a little more than usual. Floyd on the other hand has gotten better with his style and shows no decline.
    Floyd loss
    49.40%
    Tyson loss
    45.78%
    Hard choice
    4.82%

I'm tempted to say Floyd, but I think people forget how big of an upset Douglas over Tyson was. You couldn't even wager on Tyson/Douglas in Vegas...

Comment

I agree in theory, certainly for a first round KO. And certainly by Cotto, who isn't a one shot artist.

However, Sugared Shane did crack him early (though Sugared obviously hits harder than Miguel) and I don't think Cot will be a 40-1 underdog. (though maybe for a first round KO...)

Comment

Nothing will ever be as shocking as the Tyson KO

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Nothing will ever be as shocking as the Tyson KO
          floyd 7-1 favorite. Tyson 25-1.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            I agree in theory, certainly for a first round KO. And certainly by Cotto, who isn't a one shot artist.

However, Sugared Shane did crack him early (though Sugared obviously hits harder than Miguel) and I don't think Cot will be a 40-1 underdog. (though maybe for a first round KO...)
            The odds would be a lot higher for a 1st round KO by Cotto. Especially Floyd being known for defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
              The odds would be a lot higher for a 1st round KO by Cotto. Especially Floyd being known for defense.
              True Verse. Though expect 90% of the "we don't read" posters here to overlook that part of your question.

Comment

Not even close......Douglas over Tyson.

Douglas sucked, was never really good or anything. That was a huge upset, the biggest of all-time in my eyes. Cotto is past his prime-still good, but at least Cotto is still a good fighter, has a shot to be in the HOF one day possibly.

While I understand people saying Cotto over Floyd simply because of Floyd's D and how great he is, NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THOUGHT TYSON WOULD LOSE TO BUSTER F**KING DOUGLAS, NO ONE, NOT EVEN THE CRAZIEST PEOPLE.

Comment

Tyson losing to Douglas was a much bigger upset than any Floyd loss at this point.

Particularly Cotto, who is a quality fighter. It wasn't believed at the time that Douglas was a quality fighter.

Comment

The Tyson loss obviously. Mosley already lit Mayweather up early doors so it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see Cotto do the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X