No announcement yet.

Prescott Clearly beat McCloskey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Oh what a surprise. I never expected this point of view from you!
    i just watched the round again. mccloskey landed some decent punches but prescott landed more clean shots throughout the entire round. bigger and harder shots that snapped mccloskey's head back. most of mccloskey's punches were missed or blocked and mccloskey was hurt in the last 30 seconds where prescott never was. clear round for prescott. remember just moving your hands is not a scoring criteria. landing punches is far more important.

Last edited by daggum; 09-11-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I think so too.

Comment

Totally agree. McCloskey won the first 2 minutes of the 12th. Unfortunately people seem to only remember the ends of rounds when, if anything, McCloskey had punched himself out.

I think it shouldve been a draw. Prescott dominated the first half. McCloskey came back in the second. They should just rematch.
        The last round was close and competitive with alot of sloppiness by both fighters then for whatever reason McCloskey stopped doing anything and Prescott just got on him for that entire stretch, pretty simple stuff here.

Comment

that's y u never fight on somebody else's turf. just too easy 4 the judges to be either A) corrupt or B) unduly influenced by crowd reaction.

exact reason why vanes didn't go to mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            i just watched the round again. mccloskey landed some decent punches but prescott landed more clean shots throughout the entire round. bigger and harder shots that snapped mccloskey's head back. most of mccloskey's punches were missed or blocked and mccloskey was hurt in the last 30 seconds where prescott never was. clear round for prescott. remember just moving your hands is not a scoring criteria. landing punches is far more important.

Im well aware of the scoring criteria. McCloskey outlanded him for the first 2 and half minutes of the round.

Comment

Im well aware of the scoring criteria. McCloskey outlanded him for the first 2 and half minutes of the round.
              you scored hopkins-calzaghe for calzaghe so i'm not sure you are aware since you state faking low blows and holding as reasons hopkins lost. was mccloskey landing more clean punches? no. he threw more but prescott was landing the cleaner punches. punches on prescotts elbows and gloves aren't clean punches no matter how badly you want them to be. some of his punches partially got through which makes the round somewhat close but prescott dominated the last 30 seconds which secured a somewhat close round into a clear round for him.
              Last edited by daggum; 09-11-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I had it 10 rounds for Prescott, 1 for McCloskey and 1 even. And Prescott had that knockdown in his favor in the first. Honestly round fater round Prescott cracked McCloskey with hard jabs and straight rights which had McCloskeys face all marked up.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  you scored hopkins-calzaghe for calzaghe so i'm not sure you are aware since you state faking low blows and holding as reasons hopkins lost. was mccloskey landing more clean punches? no. he threw more but prescott was landing the cleaner punches. punches on prescotts elbows and gloves aren't clean punches no matter how badly you want them to be. some of his punches partially got through which makes the round somewhat close but prescott dominated the last 30 seconds which secured a somewhat close round into a clear round for him.
                  Zzzzz you relate everything to Hopkins-Calzaghe. It is your only point of reference. I bet you scream about that fight in bed. Its not like you were gonna say anything else about this fight if it went to the scorecards.

Comment

I'd say McCloskey landed what about 5 hard punches while Prescott would land about 10-15 per round. This fight was not even close. Don't listen to anyone who said it was close, it wasn't. At all. Boxing is about winning a fight. You win a fight by beating up your opponent, not by staring, feinting and backing up your opponent without throwing punches like McCloskey did to Prescott.

Comment

Zzzzz you relate everything to Hopkins-Calzaghe. It is your only point of reference. I bet you scream about that fight in bed. Its not like you were gonna say anything else about this fight if it went to the scorecards.
                      because it's the perfect example of how judging has gone wrong in boxing. clean punches, defense, and trapping your opponent has been overruled with ineffective aggression and sheer volume.

Comment

Working...
                      X