Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you guys paying for boxing gyms??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photobucket

Comment

10 bucks a month

you can even train at wild card gym (freddie roach) for like 20 bucks a month. floyd mayweather gym is like 30 bucks or so a month.

amir khan set up a gym in england somewhere in his hometown i guess where you can train for free, or like 1 buck a month. he paid a couple millions of his own cash that he worked hard for to help get kids off the street. very noble

anyway my point i guess is that just because somebody is asking for 100 bucks a month doesnt mean the gym is any good. it just means that the trainers and stuff dont have another job and make a living off being trainers. in other gyms where they charge you like 10 bucks those trainers have other jobs to make sure they can pay their bills.

in fact id even say that usually the less money they charge the better the gym is. smart trainers wont charge you 50+ bucks because of the simple fact that poor kids cant afford that. and usually its the poor kids who dont have anything but boxing to rely on that become successful in the future. people that have other jobs and make a good living usually dont make it very far in boxing. there arent a lot of suburban kids out there willing to get their face smashed in for little or no money

Comment

Mine is a social project so it´s for free, Acelino Freitas (Popó) built it here in Salvador, Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by red boy View Post
          I pay five pound a week for three nights a week.

In the UK our proper boxing gyms are very cheap but I think they get subsidy from the ABA??
          No mate, there's no subsidies as far as I'm aware.

We charge £5 per week for seniors (if they are working) and £3 per week for juniors (if their parents are working). It's free if boxer genuinely can't afford it.

As long as we get enough subs to pay the rent - we aren't bothered. We aren't in it for money. We are in it because we love boxing.

Comment

In NYC the most affordable gyms with good trainers are in the BX. You should go to John's gym in the BX... its $50 a month or $100 for 3 months....its where Joshua Clottey use to train, good trainers etc. And its very close to Manhattan.

Comment

Originally posted by snake77 View Post
              In NYC the most affordable gyms with good trainers are in the BX. You should go to John's gym in the BX... its $50 a month or $100 for 3 months....its where Joshua Clottey use to train, good trainers etc. And its very close to Manhattan.
              Clottey and Joseph Agbeko still train there I think. I train at the Morris Park Boxing Club and it's also $50 a month and is a great gym

Comment

$175 a month boxing/mma gym....... i think im gonna quit tho its too much

Comment

My gym is free, the trainers are official. And we get equipment for free... it's al free.
                  His name is Gary Stark i.m.o one of the best trainers in the New York Area. His son Gary "kid" stark jr. is a pro, and one of the other kids he trains Marcus Browne" is supposedly the second best ameuter in the country he has a foundation named after him and is being sponsored by models.

Our gym has 4 heavy bags a ring all the works.

Comment

I go to my gym for free, as well. I am friends with the owner so he lets me train for free. He is a good guy with me. I would try to find a gym that is $50 or less. F*** paying for trainers, train yourself. Learn boxing from watching the great fighters from the past. Most trainers don't know s*** anyways. If you don't want to pay for the monthly fees you can always build a gym at home. They sell boxing stations. I bought one that had a platform for a heavy bag, speed bag, double end bag, pull ups, dips, leg lifts(abs). It was great but I had to sell it. I plan on buying one those platforms again, it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
                      My gym is free, the trainers are official. And we get equipment for free... it's al free.
                      His name is Gary Stark i.m.o one of the best trainers in the New York Area. His son Gary "kid" stark jr. is a pro, and one of the other kids he trains Marcus Browne" is supposedly the second best ameuter in the country he has a foundation named after him and is being sponsored by models.

Our gym has 4 heavy bags a ring all the works.
                      Location????

Comment

Working...
                      X