No announcement yet.

ali's worst loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ali's worst loss

I will say against holmes. No way he should have been in the ring that night.

Losing to a big underdog in Norton, who busted his jaw.

Comment

Losing to a rank amateur in Leon Spinks.

Comment

Has to be Holmes. Poor Ali looked terrible and didn't win one round.

An accumulation of thyroid medication and the early onset of Parkinsons syndrome was no state to challenge Holmes in his absolute prime.

Comment

Medication for what? An overactive thyroid? Was he supposed to take that or did he take too much of it?

Comment

it has to be between norton and spinks.the holmes bout was like sending a lamb to the slaughter house,overall i would definitely pick the norton bout 5 year fresher then when spinks beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Medication for what? An overactive thyroid? Was he supposed to take that or did he take too much of it?
              An idiot of a doctor prescribed thyroid pills for Ali to help him shed the excess weight that he had picked up in his 2 year retirement. Ali took more than the recommended dosage telling those in camp that they were vitamin pills!!

Ali certainly lost the weight, but also any strength, speed and stamina.

Thyroid pills mess about with kidneys, liver and metabolism......a ridiculous mix for a professional athlete!

Comment

Wot about the the berbick loss? Norton had a style that Ali just struggled with, in all three fights I think Norton deserved the win

Comment

Well holmes gave him the worst beating no doubt about that. That fight ruined him - well he was already bad before hand but afterwards he was wrecked. What's mad is in the locker rooms after the fight holmes came to him in tears and ali layed out on a stretcher was still shouting "I want Holmes! I want Holmes!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
                    Wot about the the berbick loss? Norton had a style that Ali just struggled with, in all three fights I think Norton deserved the win
                    Strangely Ali looked better against Berbick than against Holmes, he even won a few rounds.

Norton certainly won fight 1 and has a good argument for fight 3, but I thought Ali definitely deserved fight 2. That final round sealed it......

Comment

Working...
                    X