No announcement yet.

Beatles' appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
    This is an unnecessary thread. Most humans born after 1963 were born with appreciation for the Beatles music by default.
    Was thinking the same thing. The Beatles are one of the greatest bands of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      Disagree.

How can a song like Eleanor Rigby get to number one, or Paperback Writer ? They are weak songs if you ask me, yet it seems just cause the "Beatles" sang those songs, they're popular.
      how old are you? if you're young, they might sound weak to your ears, but in the 60's? i don't know how they'd be viewed as weak. neither song is a favorite of mine, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
        the beatles aren't overrated. if anything, they're underrated.
        wtfamireading.png

how the **** can THE BEATLES, the most overplayed band in history, possibly be underrated?!

I don't dislike The Beatles but I barely ever listen to them of my own accord. Loads of more interesting rock out there, and I've just grown tired of the sound of them.

Comment

how old are you? if you're young, they might sound weak to your ears, but in the 60's? i don't know how they'd be viewed as weak. neither song is a favorite of mine, by the way.
          Well I like stuff like Frankie Vallie, The Drifters, Little Richard, The Everly Brothers, The Four Tops, and whilst I like most of the Beatles earlier stuff, I'm talking about there more noticeable hits, I aint a fan of some of there work.

Comment

Disagree.

How can a song like Eleanor Rigby get to number one, or Paperback Writer ? They are weak songs if you ask me, yet it seems just cause the "Beatles" sang those songs, they're popular.
            At the time they revolutionised the whole of music, artists up to today have been somewhat directly/indirectly been influenced by The Beatles no matter what genre you're taking about.
            People like different types of songs, those are easily accessible.
            Last edited by Repeddled; 07-27-2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
              At the time they revolutionised the whole of music, artists up to today have been somewhat directly/indirectly been influenced by The Beatles no matter what genre you're taking about.

To be honest, musical influence makes no difference to me, I just like what I like to listen to.

That might be part of WHY the Beatles are overrated, cause people also base their appraisal on the impact they had on music as a whole, where as I think that should be irrelevant when accessing the songs they made.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                wtfamireading.png

how the **** can THE BEATLES, the most overplayed band in history, possibly be underrated?!

I don't dislike The Beatles but I barely ever listen to them of my own accord. Loads of more interesting rock out there, and I've just grown tired of the sound of them.
                they broke up in 1970. everything they did, they did before they where all 30. i guarantee that all the bands that anyone would bother to name as the greatest band in there opinion, be it queen, black sabbath, zeppelin tried to do what the Beatles after the Beatles did it. the fact that you might find other bands more interesting shouldn't matter when they're your rock band's favorite rock band.

Comment

To be honest, musical influence makes no difference to me, I just like what I like to listen to.

That might be part of WHY the Beatles are overrated, cause people also base their appraisal on the impact they had on music as a whole, where as I think that should be irrelevant when accessing the songs they made.
                  That's true, I agree to an extent but currently when you look back at their career it's relevant imo.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                    wtfamireading.png

They are becoming underrated because the new thing is to hate on them. A lot of people are now saying they are overrated and a lot of their songs weren't that good but got a lot of play because it was from them. The hate is making them underrated because the haters are wrong. There is very few bad Beatles songs.

Comment

they broke up in 1970. everything they did, they did before they where all 30. i guarantee that all the bands that anyone would bother to name as the greatest band in there opinion, be it queen, black sabbath, zeppelin tried to do what the Beatles after the Beatles did it. the fact that you might find other bands more interesting shouldn't matter when they're your rock band's favorite rock band.
                      My favourite rock band's favourite rock acts are David Bowie and The Doors.

Comment

Working...
                      X