No announcement yet.

shame what happened to the "chin checkers"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shame what happened to the "chin checkers"

by the way they talked and the way they were being promoted you would think it was mike tyson jr and roy jones III in that ring. Stevens turned out to be not much better than journeyman status losing to brinkley and allan green pretty much ruined whatever ounce of chin Codrington had left.

but in 04/05 these guys were everywhere.

Ahh yes, those were the good old days. I'll never forget when Marcos Primera stopped Curtis Stevens..

Comment

Wasn't Gary Stark Jr. part of chin checkers as well?

Comment

they were exposed as glass jawed fauds

Comment

i remember them. lol

Comment

codrington disapeared after the bika fight. he had the talent to be a potential top contender

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Ahh yes, those were the good old days. I'll never forget when Marcos Primera stopped Curtis Stevens..
              you mean the good old days before yellow journalism and the discussion of just two fighters plagued this place?

you mean the good old days when up and comers and mid level fights used to get major play and discussion on here? yea i remember it too.

Comment

Chin Checkers are back baby!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Chin Checkers are back baby!
                  Yeah, there back on Broadway but the show may end on Nov 2nd so get tickets now.

Comment

They earned there name in the amateurs though no matter how there pro careers turned out. Stevens was legitimately feared like he was mike Tyson in the amateurs.

I don't think the hype helped either of them once they went pro. For whatever reason NY prospects that get a little hype over the years, almost fall apart instantly.

I blame rap...

Comment

Working...
                    X