No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Lee Purdy Could Hit Jackpot With Upset Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Lee Purdy Could Hit Jackpot With Upset Win

LEE PURDY can go from unlicensed brawler to ­millionaire if he stuns Devon Alexander in ­Atlantic City tonight.

The unknown Colchester boxer is given little chance against the IBF welterweight champion in his shock world title challenge.

Promoters Golden Boy want the winner to defend against Amir Khan on December 7, meaning a massive payday. [Click Here To Read More]

I think Purdy gets knocked out in 3.

Comment

How? Even if he wins he doesn't get the belt..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Lol...Same thing i was thinking. He blew his opportunity before the opening bell.

Comment

He'll get a rematch or a big fight with Kell Brook with or without the belt.

But he's not going to win so that's irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            He'll get a rematch or a big fight with Kell Brook with or without the belt.

But he's not going to win so that's irrelevant.
            (1) that's not a huge payday like Hearn seem to be talking about
            (2) Hearns was referring to the winner facing Khan on the 7th of December

Comment

(1) that's not a huge payday like Hearn seem to be talking about
              (2) Hearns was referring to the winner facing Khan on the 7th of December
              It's a damn site more then he's ever dreamed that he would make.

And I suppose Khan's another option, another big imaginary pay day for him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                It's a damn site more then he's ever dreamed that he would make.

And I suppose Khan's another option, another big imaginary pay day for him.
                I still don't know about that huge jackpot without the belt, the belt is the selling point for him at the moment, right now he is just another Gary Lockett, Gavin Rees and many others.

Comment

Agree with Ray, only way Purdy would get a fight with Brook or Khan is if he had the belt to basically hand it over to them..

Shame he couldn't make weight but I always thought he would fight it hard after the last fight and the fact he didn't have a full training camp.

Comment

The only thing he is going to Hit... is the CANVAS.. Probably.

Comment

Working...
                    X