No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez-Green, Dib-Oliver Tops 50 Cent's FNF Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alvarez-Green, Dib-Oliver Tops 50 Cent's FNF Card

HARTFORD -- Famed rapper and new boxing promoter, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, held a press conference today in Hartford to announce that his company, SMS Promotions, will present the "50 Cent's Birthday Bash" professional boxing event, July 5 live on ESPN Friday Night Fights, at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford.

Headlining the stacked ESPN Friday Night Fights show, the first solo promotion by SMS Promotions, is an exciting 10-round clash between undefeated North American Boxing Organization (NABO) and North American Boxing Association (NABA) light heavyweight champion Eleider "Storm" Alvarez (12-0, 8 KOs) and former world super middleweight title challenger Allan "Ghost Dog" Green (32-4, 22 KOs).

The fast-rising, explosive Alvarez (12-0-0, 8 KOs), a 2008 Colombian Olympian who lives in Montreal, is on his way to positioning himself for a world title shot. Already ranked No. 4 by the World Boxing Association (WBA) and No. 7 by the World Boxing Organization (WBO), he is stepping up in class to face Green (32-4-0, 22 KOs), fighting out of Tulsa (OK), who fought in the Super Six tournament. [Click Here To Read More]

About time!! Putting in that work!!

Comment

Alvarez signed with 50? Interesting.

And looks like Olivares is facing another undefeated prospect. I hope this doesn't backfire on 50. Olivares is a nice little prospect he got there. Too bad they probably won't televise his fight tho.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

50 should have saved that ****fest of a fight last weekend with Gamboa for this.

Not the one time I'm at somebodys house with HBO and try to get them to watch....and no they didn't have showtime or I would have just put that on.

Comment

I know most of guys on here hate on 50 because he's a promoter which is so stupid,but I don't hate I will give him his props for starting at the bottom for trying to learn and gain experience to be a better promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by icerob View Post
            I know most of guys on here hate on 50 because he's a promoter which is so stupid,but I don't hate I will give him his props for starting at the bottom for trying to learn and gain experience to be a better promoter.
            Probably because Gamboa left Bob because 50 was suppose to make him this star but has only kept him on the shelf barely fighting since and against relatively no names.

Comment

Dibs is the worst but even he can't lose to a washup never was like Mike-Mike!!!

I going to be laughing at Mike Mike disgrace himself in the ring but most importantly I will be paying attention to what kind of instruction his corner gives him with most ZEAL.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                Probably because Gamboa left Bob because 50 was suppose to make him this star but has only kept him on the shelf barely fighting since and against relatively no names.
                From what I know Gamboa was already on the shelf before 50 came along, and all though Gamboa fought 2 no names at lease he's back in the ring and already fought 2 times within a year to keep him busy.

Comment

North Tulsa, OK in the house! Let's get it!!

Comment

Poor 50 thought he was gonna shoot straight to big $ fights and even burnt bridges with De La Hoya and tried to burn Floyd's bridge with De La Hoya. Monkey wrench in the plans there, 50?

Comment

Working...
                    X