Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Not Considering Retirement; Responds to Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Khan had some intellect he would have picked up on what Froch said about how he would retire if he got KO'd or outclassed and mock him for how badly he got outclassed by Ward and looked about 3 leagues below the best guy in his division and then mock him again for accepting being second best whilst saying he's trying to be the best....but as we all know Khan is pretty thick

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      140: Matthysse, Marquez, Soto, Garcia, Judah, Khan, Bradley, Peterson, Morales, Alvarado, Rios, Alexander, Maidana, Lopez

those are the guys that are fighting at that division or have recently fought there and can return at any time. 140 isn't a weak division

168: Ward, Froch, Bute?, Abraham?, Dirrell? Kessler?

168 is overrated. I'm not saying it's weak but it isn't the best division like some of you make it out to be. There isn't 1 single fight @ that division i'd actually give a shit about
      rios is not 140.............& soto (todays soto), lopez, alvarado are all mid core...........judah & morales are old & damn near shot.

bradley (no longer fights at 140) alexander (no longer fights at 140) same for maidana. marquez bounces around in weight.

but that leaves Matthysse, garcia, alvarado, khan, lopez, peterson, shot morales, mid core Soto, shot judah. (& i will throw in maidana because khan did fight him at 140)

thats basically the jr. welterweight division

the other guys i can't throw in because they moved up (& khan NEVER fought them at 140)

btw, supermiddleweight had EVERYONE fighting each other (by way of the super six) those guys beat up each other in that division. no where NEAR the case for 140...........the 2 divisions really can't be compared in that regard.

also compare the guys that froch fought to khan........khans comp equals garbage compared to froch.

just stop it already
      Last edited by americanbot; 07-16-2012, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Khan does not need to retire. He needs to get a new trainer and conditioning coach before he reenters the ring though.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot
          rios is not 140.............& soto (todays soto), lopez, alvarado are all mid core...........judah & morales are old & damn near shot.

bradley (no longer fights at 140) alexander (no longer fights at 140) same for maidana. marquez bounces around in weight.

but that leaves garcia, alvarado, khan, lopez, peterson, shot morales, mid core Soto, shot judah. (& i will throw in maidana because khan did fight him at 140)

thats basically the jr. welterweight division

the other guys i can't throw in because they moved up (& khan NEVER fought them at 140)

btw, supermiddleweight had EVERYONE fighting each other (by way of the super six) those guys beat up each other in that division. no where NEAR the case for 140...........the 2 divisions really can't be compared.

also compare the guys that froch fought to khan........khans comp equals garbage compared to froch just stop it already

-mention all the flaws of the JWW's
          -mention nothing negative or flawed about the SMW's

-go on a rant about Khan (who I wasn't even talking about)
          -argue Khan's competition vs Froch's (which again, I wasn't even talking about)

-"just stop it already" (never began debating anything?)

all my post was saying was that SMW isn't as great as people make it out to be and that JWW isn't weak.

all in all your post was shit

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            -mention all the flaws of the JWW's
            -mention nothing negative or flawed about the SMW's

-go on a rant about Khan (who I wasn't even talking about)
            -argue Khan's competition vs Froch's (which again, I wasn't even talking about)

-"just stop it already" (never began debating anything?)

all my post was saying was that SMW isn't as great as people make it out to be and that JWW isn't weak.

all in all your post was shit
            the fact that Soto is considered a "top guy" at 140 really says it all.

140 blows the big one

Comment

QUOTE OF THE DAY: But Khan responded: "Carl's always got his little things to say and I'll leave it to that really. If he wants to retire he can retire.
              "I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition and I'm a bigger name than him. That's what burns him really.

Thanks for the entertainment Amir, you're the best!

Also, I actually listened to Froch's interview on the radio, and I feel he is being a little bit misrepresented here for the benefit of a 'juicy' story. What he actually said was that if HE got KO'ed like that, and showed HE had no punch resistance then HE would retire because HE is not the the fight game to get beat up, hurt and KO'ed badly. He didnt say "Khan should retire".

Comment

That's type of thing that's killing boxing. Why's a fighter finished after 3 losses?

Comment

What's up with this two?

Racism? what?

Comment

Khan believes he is in a tougher div??LOL I thought he was King Khan,I think both div are tough..Not gonna let Khan down play one of the toughest SOB in the sport right now..Froch is messing with Khan,Khan should not take it to heart..Khan should really be quiet let's be honest...

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
                      That's type of thing that's killing boxing. Why's a fighter finished after 3 losses?
                      Back to back losses are really bad dude..If Khan was not a UK fighter his next fight would be on ESPN...I think Khan will get one last ride,he better make something of it now..I wonder if Bradley knows about this yet??I wonder what he will have to say??

Comment

Working...
                      X