Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm calling it right now, Saul Alvarez won't be on the Mayweather Co-feature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I don't understand is why a lot of people on here are making excuses for Floyd if he doesn't Fight Canelo. It's Pathetic and disgusting really.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      and that makes absolutely no sense.
      I guess it depends on the perspective. It's a risk in the sense that Floyd is getting older and isn't a true 154lber. It's a cherry-pick in the sense that Canelo is still unproven in terms of his opposition and he's questionable in numerous areas.

Comment

If you're insinuating that Floyd is afraid of Canelo, I'll have to disagree. Personally, I think one of two things could be going on:

1. Floyd doesn't want to lock himself into anything. Doesn't want to be told he's going to be fighting Canelo in September. Wants to feel like "the boss" who gets to fight whoever the **** he wants whenever the **** he wants.

2. Floyd is concerned about the possibility that Trout - if he is indeed Canelo's opponent - will beat Alvarez and then be seemingly in line to fight him. Believe me, Trout's a stiffer test for Floyd than Canelo is. Alvarez is too green and would be likely be outboxed and made to look like a fool. Trout, on the other hands, is a tall, lanky southpaw technician who could very well outbox Floyd because of his size advantage. And Trout's in his prime.

Keep in mind, Alvarez just two fights ago had a shot-to-**** Mosley run into his punches for 12 rounds and couldn't stop him. Couldn't even outwork him at times. Floyd's too fast and too slick to be troubled by anything Canelo has shown he can do. And that's coming from someone who thinks Canelo will turn out to be the "real deal", but who also thinks he's been babied and hasn't proven himself.
        Last edited by samouraï; 01-26-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          I guess it depends on the perspective. It's a risk in the sense that Floyd is getting older and isn't a true 154lber. It's a cherry-pick in the sense that Canelo is still unproven in terms of his opposition and he's questionable in numerous areas.
          thats a cop out imo. the same crap happens with floyd all the time and its a shame. the mosely fight is a prime example of this.

Comment

Nobody Fears Canelo, right now a lot of fighters at Trainers don't even take the guy SERIOUS...THEY KNOW HE IS HYPE! They know he has been giving everything so far in his career, the dude haven't earn **** in the Sport of boxing yet so far him to try and force Mayweather to sign something is not only laughable but it is also disrespectful

Mayweather beating Canelo does nothing for him especially when the fans don't even take Canelo Serious and many of us are calling the guy OVERRATED and UNTESTED so Mayweather whipping on him does what exactly? Canelo haven't done anything to earn a shot at Mayweather...nothing at all, he would be getting a shot at Mayweather simply because he is Mexican and having a Mexican Fighter on the Card Helps PPV but that is ALL...NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!

So stop making yourself look stupid trying to suggest that anybody is ducking Canelo when this FRAUD has ducked everybody at 154 and openly and many of you have given him a pass and don't put pressure on him to fight Top Fighters in his Division like you did with guys like Broner and Danny Garcia and Sergio Martinez but when it comes to Canelo it is barely any pressure put on him by his fans they just get real quiet

While Mayweather was gone for a year WTF was Canelo doing during this time, fighting smaller guys and avoiding the best at 154, when he should have been fighting Trout, Lara, Molina, Vanes guys like that, but this FRAUD instead would rather waste time fighting little guys and now he feels entitled to fight Mayweather for some strange reason
            Last edited by sicko; 01-26-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSun View Post
              What I don't understand is why a lot of people on here are making excuses for Floyd if he doesn't Fight Canelo. It's Pathetic and disgusting really.
              from a floyd hater enough with the bs

canela has not faced anyone of note and beaten anyone of note for him to cause fear to anyone at 154lbs

this hype job is fake and needs to be concerned with fighting trout if not him angulo, kirkland, vanes, lara, carlos molina, bundrage, delvin rodriguez

floyd fighting canela is a cherry pick

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                If you're insinuating that Floyd is afraid of Canelo, I'll have to disagree. Personally, I think one of two things could be going on:

1. Floyd doesn't want to lock himself into anything. Doesn't want to be told he's going to be fighting Canelo in September. Wants to feel like "the boss" who gets to fight whoever the **** he wants whenever the **** he wants.

2. Floyd is concerned about the possibility that Trout - if he is indeed Canelo's opponent - will beat Alvarez and then be seemingly in line to fight him. Believe me, Trout's a stiffer test for Floyd than Canelo is. Alvarez is too green and would be likely be outboxed and made to look like a fool. Trout, on the other hands, is a tall, lanky southpaw technician who could very well outbox Floyd because of his size advantage. And Trout's in his prime.

Keep in mind, Alvarez just two fights ago had a shot-to-**** Mosley run into his punches for 12 rounds and couldn't stop him. Couldn't even outwork him at times. Floyd's too fast and too slick to be troubled by anything Canelo has shown he can do. And that's coming from someone who thinks Canelo will turn out to be the "real deal", but who also thinks he's been babied and hasn't proven himself.
                I pretty much agree with everything said here. I just wanted to add more to #2 If Trout were to fight Canelo and beat him. Trout and Floyd will never happen because they both are managed by Al Haymon. And its a high risk low reward fight for Floyd anyway. Floyd would never make any kind of guarantee anyway. I still believe he is only going to fight in May this year anyway. If you remember he originally said he was going to fight in December of 2012. As a fan I would like to see him face a more deserving opponent other than Guerrero or Canelo. I don't know how beating Berto gives you a shot a Floyd. It happened with Ortiz as well. He should just close out his career in 2013 and fight Martinez in September. Beating Guerrero and Canelo does nothing for his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
                  from a floyd hater enough with the bs

canela has not faced anyone of note and beaten anyone of note for him to cause fear to anyone at 154lbs

this hype job is fake and needs to be concerned with fighting trout if not him angulo, kirkland, vanes, lara, carlos molina, bundrage, delvin rodriguez

floyd fighting canela is a cherry pick

So according to you, Floyd fighting Canelo is a cherry pick then wtf is Floyd fighting Guerrero? Typical Floyd Nuthugger. Stop making excuses for him, Floyd needs to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                    So according to you, Floyd fighting Canelo is a cherry pick then wtf is Floyd fighting Guerrero? Typical Floyd Nuthugger. Stop making excuses for him, Floyd needs to step up.
                    floyd needs to fight sergio martinez to enhance his legacy but if he want to cherry pick canela is available

martinez is the only fight out there that will enhance his legacy. pac was never floyd rival he was Marquez rival and Marquez already squashed that rivalry

i said nothing about guerrero

im by no means am i a floyd fan

Comment

If he doesn't fight him, he's ducking. If he fights him and schools him, which is what would happen, Canelo is too green and he cherrypicked. Guerrero in May, Canelo in September would be fine with me. Canelo will not dictate to Mayweather, he not letting anyone tell him what to do. Put Canelo vs Trout on it's own PPV, since he's such a great draw. See how the numbers stack up against Mayweather vs Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                      X