Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mayweather/Ortiz enhance or take away from Mayweather's Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twako View Post
    lol at this butthurt *****. you feel the need to rescue floyd's image from the public perception? do you think wrapping up his career w/ this 'win' would be good for him in the long run?
    If you honestly think this will stand out in floyd's career then there is no point discussing it. Beating a 6-1 underdog doesn't enhance anyones legacy, especially when you are a fighter that transcends the sport.

You guys sound like the floyd fans that constantly bring up torrecampo loss on manny.

Comment

Takes away.

However, considering that most feel Mayweather would have won anyway, I don't think it hurts it that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        If you honestly think this will stand out in floyd's career then there is no point discussing it. Beating a 6-1 underdog doesn't enhance anyones legacy, especially when you are a fighter that transcends the sport.

You guys sound like the floyd fans that constantly bring up torrecampo loss on manny.
        I don't think this win enhances his legacy, but using betting odds to make legitimatize a win is rather silly, no? I mean, even Pacquiao would likely be an underdog against mayweather when looking at odds. Most other fighters would be noted as great underdogs...plus, with proper betting, odds can shift.
        Sure, it's a perception thing, but not a very strong one, in my opinion, to back up how legitimate a win or loss truly is.
        Unless you make money off of it, but that's another animal altogether.

Comment

It definitely Enhances his Legacy. That was his signature knockout, career defining. Next time they show his "greatest hits" on HBO, the knockout will be there. Those 2 punches were the hardest that he has ever thrown in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
            It definitely Enhances his Legacy. That was his signature knockout, career defining. Next time they show his "greatest hits" on HBO, the knockout will be there. Those 2 punches were the hardest that he has ever thrown in the ring.
            Sarcasm I hope.

Comment

It doesnt do anything for his legacy, if anything it diminishes it slightly as he should not have been fighting the guy in the first place. I also see Pac-JMM 3 as being as pointless as Sugar Ray-Duran 3.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
                Would you say it was his best knockout?

Comment

Yes. He needs to give Ortiz a rematch..

Comment

Enhanced it obviously. How can knocking out the number 2 ww who weighed 16 pounds over you in 4 rounds with ONE ****ing punch NOT enhance your legacy.

****ing noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rox View Post
                      Yes. He needs to give Ortiz a rematch..
                      You think that fight will sell for the second time? A lot of ppl felt ripped off the first go around.. Not the sort of thing to make them want to shell out additional dollars.

Comment

Working...
                      X