Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Livid: Garcia's Corner Was Ready To Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum posting demands you come down on one side or the other when it comes to a topic. But on this particular one, I'm somewhere in the middle. I can see both arguments.

I agree with those who say Salido shouldn't benefit from what looked like a deliberate headbutt in a fight he was getting badly outclassed in. And also, if you look at it logically from Mikey's perspective - is he gonna tell the Doc NOT to stop the fight and thus basically giving him the win, so he can go out and get punched on a broken nose some more?

But then, the way the fight ended was lame. And Robert Garcia totally exploited the situation and took a short cut.

Ultimately, Mikey said he could have carried on, so they should have. Those were probably going to be the most interesting rounds of the fight, and we were deprived of that.

Comment

People keep comparing this stoppage to other normal stoppages. Salidos ass hit him with an illegal head-butt! If Mikey didn't have to continue why would he?? He was dominating the whole fight...

Comment

My only problem with the stoppage is that I find it hard to believe that the fight would have been stopped if Salido was up on the cards or if it was a very close fight
        Last edited by ManOnTheMoon; 01-20-2013, 05:36 PM. Reason: Error

Comment

Dude crushed Mikey nose with his big @$$ head on purpose if u ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves
            I didn't see any real inside fighting from Garcia. Salido was starting to get there. There's a reason the fight was scheduled for 12. Orlando hadn't been down since the 4th and seemed to be doing progressively better each round. I think they took the easy way out, whether they would have won or not by continuing to fight.

I was impressed by Garcia's skills, but I thought the KD's were more flash than anything. He wasn't seriously hurt. He came back and fought his ass off like he always does. I'm not going to say Salido would have won in the next 1/3 of the fight, but I also wouldn't count him out. His ability to turn the tables is what makes him special.
            You kept saying if Garcia won we could have the real deal in our hands and something to be excited about. Garcia won but do you feel that way?

I said a few times if Salido could take Garcia's heat in the early part of the fight he could win. He took the heat without getting stopped and started to come on but the fight was stopped when Salido shines, in the late rounds. Its really a shame.

Garcia also doesn't seem like he knows how to fight on the inside.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              You kept saying if Garcia won we could have the real deal in our hands and something to be excited about. Garcia won but do you feel that way?

I said a few times if Salido could take Garcia's heat in the early part of the fight he could win. He took the heat without getting stopped and started to come on but the fight was stopped when Salido shines, in the late rounds. Its really a shame.

The question isn't directed at me, but I'd like to offer some opinions.

I said I would consider Mikey the real deal if he beat Salido. I stand by that, regardless of how the fight ultimately turned out. I agree that it's too bad the fight was stopped because of injury and that the later rounds are where Orlando turns it up, but it's really just conjecture. "Siri" could also have been stopped himself. Unfortunately, we'll never know. You've gotta go with what you've got.

Garcia is more of an outside fighter. Maybe he doesn't feel as comfortable fighting inside, but he's done pretty well, up to this point, hasn't he? Lara still can't fight well inside, either, but overall he does pretty well also. Mikey is now the top dog at 126. I have no problem with saying that at all. Now let's see what he does next...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

The question isn't directed at me, but I'd like to offer some opinions.

I said I would consider Mikey the real deal if he beat Salido. I stand by that, regardless of how the fight ultimately turned out. I agree that it's too bad the fight was stopped because of injury and that the later rounds are where Orlando turns it up, but it's really just conjecture. "Siri" could also have been stopped himself. Unfortunately, we'll never know. You've gotta go with what you've got.

Garcia is more of an outside fighter. Maybe he doesn't feel as comfortable fighting inside, but he's done pretty well, up to this point, hasn't he? Lara still can't fight well inside, either, but overall he does pretty well also. Mikey is now the top dog at 126. I have no problem with saying that at all. Now let's see what he does next...
                Sure he was dominating Salido but he was starting to slow down with Salido coming on and once that happened they all found a way out. He also didn't even try to argue the stoppage and say he could continue. He just stood there and went with it. For example, what did Rosado say when he first got looked by the doc? No no I can continue and they kept going. I'm not convinced Garcia has the heart of a fighter. I'll reserve judgement till he fights someone else worth a damn without quitting, maybe they'll have a rematch. I've always talked smack about Rosado but he's got my respect now. Last night he did better than I thought and gave it a valiant effort.

I thought Lara looked good fighting on the inside vs Hernandez.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Sure he was dominating Salido but he was starting to slow down with Salido coming on and once that happened they all found a way out. He also didn't even try to argue the stoppage and say he could continue. He just stood there and went with it. For example, what did Rosado say when he first got looked by the doc? No no I can continue and they kept going. I'm not convinced Garcia has the heart of a fighter. I'll reserve judgement till he fights someone else worth a damn without quitting, maybe they'll have a rematch. I've always talked smack about Rosado but he's got my respect now. Last night he did better than I thought and gave it a valiant effort.

I'm not either, but he's still pretty damn good.

The main difference between the situation between Rosado and Garcia is that Mikey was winning going away. Gabe was losing. Besides that, there are personalities to consider, and Mikey's trainer is his brother. A similar situation happened between Cunningham and Hernandez in their first fight. Yoan Pablo won a technical decision, after the fight was stopped on cuts. Very controversial. Hernandez didn't protest that the fight was being stopped, and that was a much closer bout. I don't see a problem with Garcia's corner's decision, nor do I have a problem with Mikey being quiet. He's a pretty mild-mannered guy.

Lara has a tendency to hold that high guard when the action gets close and stops all offense 'til his opponent stops punching.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I'm not either, but he's still pretty damn good.

The main difference between the situation between Rosado and Garcia is that Mikey was winning going away. Gabe was losing. Besides that, there are personalities to consider, and Mikey's trainer is his brother. A similar situation happened between Cunningham and Hernandez in their first fight. Yoan Pablo won a technical decision, after the fight was stopped on cuts. Very controversial. Hernandez didn't protest that the fight was being stopped, and that was a much closer bout. I don't see a problem with Garcia's corner's decision, nor do I have a problem with Mikey being quiet. He's a pretty mild-mannered guy.

Lara has a tendency to hold that high guard when the action gets close and stops all offense 'til his opponent stops punching.
                    I don't like that from Lara cause that can get your arms tired but apparently its working for him and it worked vs Hernandez. He was untouched.

I didn't see Hernandez-Cunningham I so I can't comment on that. I remember only seeing a hightlight about it or something. I also didnt see his last fight but didn't he show some heart his last fight when he got hurt or was it the opposite?

Comment

Originally posted by ralph22 View Post
                      Garcia is a lil biatch how sad us it to win a championship quiting cuz he couldnt take the pain of a broken nose we got a new victor ortiz here a guy that quits in his prime because he doesnt like feeling pain

A broken nose will cause a great deal of difficulty in breathing,so it's hardly a matter of simply "fighting through the pain".The guy busted his nose via an illegal blow in a fight in which he(Salido) was being comprehensively beaten and dominated in almost every single round.Why should Salido be allowed to benefit from something like that?

Comment

Working...
                      X