No announcement yet.

Calzaghe against 2013's best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    Froch would be a dangerous opponent upon second thought. Froch is a threat into the 12th round.
    I'll take that. Froch himself said that the only way he can envisage himself beating Calzaghe is if he got in a power shot and Joe admitted that Froch's power would be his main concern. If Froch had made it big just a year or two earlier, we may have had this classic match up.

Comment

Ward beats in my opinion. 2007 Bhop wasn't as good as current Ward and that BHop barely lost to Calzaghe. Ward would win imo in a close fight. Calzaghe beats everyone else on the list though. Froch is too slow imo.

Comment

Ward would be the toughest fight for Calzaghe but if we talk about a fantasy matchup prime vs. prime, Calzaghe would win. He would simply be too fast for Ward. Same for prime Roy (with the difference that Roy would probably knock Ward out).

Ward is good, don't get me wrong, but I think Calzaghe and Roy would win against him.

Comment

Originally posted by jermainerambo View Post
          The unconquerable joe calzaghe obliterates them all he's knocked out more people then they fought. been in twice as many world title fights

The invincible Joe calzaghe is way more athletic

Faster in hand and foot speed

Better stamina

Physically strong

Agility (like watching a lightweight in a super middleweight's body)

Throws more punches

Can adapt under any circumstances

The impregnable Joe calzaghe has athletic gifts beyond compare

even today's unassailable 40 cal blows all their heads off easy work
          u mean he's knocked out more scrubs than any of them have fought..

calzaghe stopped knocking people out when he started fighting real top 10 smws. correct me if i'm wrong but the last person he stopped was manfredo and that was a bs stoppage over a blown up lmw

however calzaghe always had incredible stamina and he was very agile even up to his last fight with jones...

however he didnt have that great a chin...froch wouldnt have cracked it back then and wouldve been an easy fight for JC but today's froch wouldve walked through those slaps and i honestly believe he wouldve "bute'd" him late

today's ward would be a stylistic nightmare for calzaghe...look at how an old and nervous bhop gave him fits...many thought bhop beat him and there was call for a rematch though Joe declined. ward is even more slippery than bhop is and wouldnt be there to be hit like kessler, lacy or jones

i've said it once and i'll say it again...there is no way JC wouldve gone through the super six undefeated

Comment

He takes them all. Maybe goes down against Froch and has a tough fight against Ward, but he would adapt too well to all of their respective styles.

Comment

Dawson and Froch might be good fights for him.

I don't see him beating the rest. By right Joe should have fought some of those guys already so I think he should have some credit deducted for retiring too soon.

Comment

JC didnt retire early, he retired at the right time given that his fitness was starting to slip (he was starting to gass in the last round against Bhop when he was 37, something he used to be impervious to).Without his fitness he would have been fcuked over for sure by decent fighters so its a good thing he got out.

But I do concede that he SHOULD have fought Froch (would have been a British all time high fight) or Dawson (if he really wanted to make a mark at LH, instead of fighting guys he knew were too old to last the distance).Either of these primes were better than anyone he had fougth except Kessler, so he had no right claiming they were beneath him, in fact they were level or better. Choosing instead an entirely shot Roy Jones and pretending it was to 'enhance his legacy' has so backfired on him, and only enforced his 'Cowardzhage' image. He could EASILY have fitted one of those guys into his retiring year's schedule and the reason he didnt is completely obvious = zero loss record protection.
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-13-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  JC didnt retire early, he retired at the right time given that his fitness was starting to slip (he was starting to gass in the last round against Bhop when he was 37, something he used to be impervious to).Without his fitness he would have been fcuked over for sure by decent fighters so its a good thing he got out.

But I do concede that he SHOULD have fought Froch (would have been a British all time high fight) or Dawson (if he really wanted to make a mark at LH, instead of fighting guys he knew were too old to last the distance).Either of these primes were better than anyone he had fougth except Kessler, so he had no right claiming they were beneath him, in fact they were level or better. Choosing instead an entirely shot Roy Jones and pretending it was to 'enhance his legacy' has so backfired on him, and only enforced his 'Cowardzhage' image. He could EASILY have fitted one of those guys into his retiring year's schedule and the reason he didnt is completely obvious = zero loss record protection.
                  froch was a nobody when calzaghe retired, it would have been called a joke fight
                  dawson was just coming up and his claim to fame was only the wbc title

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                    froch was a nobody when calzaghe retired, it would have been called a joke fight
                    dawson was just coming up and his claim to fame was only the wbc title
                    indeed froch was a loudmouth who hadn't done much...in fact the majority of this board hated him for it

however dawson was regarded as the #1 lhw...he wasnt coming up, he already beat johnson and tarver after winning the title

a lot of people wanted to see calzaghe face dawson but he chose to fight jones, make that money and spend it on coke

Comment

Ward would **** his ass up.

Calzaghe would never fight dawson at 175, never. Hes a single weight class kind of fighter. He doesnt have the skill to jump weight classes like the ATG's do. He only fought guys over 40 at > 168.

Comment

Working...
                      X