Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Says Ricky Hatton Is Making A Big Mistake To Return To Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao Says Ricky Hatton Is Making A Big Mistake To Return To Boxing

'i do not think it is a good idea to come back once a fighter has retired. it’s not something i plan on doing,' said pacquaio, 'i know how hard it is to get back into good boxing shape after being out of the training camp for only three or four months.'

despite voicing his concerns over hatton's return, pacquiao insisted he respects the manchester fighter's decision and it is not something he will ever do once he walks away.

'i cannot imagine what it is like after a number of years, it’s not just the conditioning, it’s the reflexes, legs, mental conditioning, and so much more. but this is ricky’s decision to make and I respect him for it.' pacquiao stated.

personally, i think hatton came back coz his promotional company needs a boost to attract more viewers to his stable. the risk outweighs the rewards. if hatton loses in brutal fashion, then all his hardwork would be for nothing and everyone would lose interest not only on hatton as a fighter but as a promoter as well. but if he wins, he can ride the wave to the top and bring his stable to another level.

your thoughts?

I see a vast amount of spelling and grammar errors and absolutely no quote or source.

Looks like you typed out what you thought he might have said.

Comment

I don't think coming back is the mistake, but fighting top competition certainly is, at least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
        'i do not think it is a good idea to come back once a fighter has retired. it’s not something i plan on doing,' said pacquaio, 'i know how hard it is to get back into good boxing shape after being out of the training camp for only three or four months.'

despite voicing his concerns over hatton's return, pacquiao insisted he respects the manchester fighter's decision and it is not something he will ever do once he walks away.

'i cannot imagine what it is like after a number of years, it’s not just the conditioning, it’s the reflexes, legs, mental conditioning, and so much more. but this is ricky’s decision to make and I respect him for it.' pacquiao stated.

personally, i think hatton came back coz his promotional company needs a boost to attract more viewers to his stable. the risk outweighs the rewards. if hatton loses in brutal fashion, then all his hardwork would be for nothing and everyone would lose interest not only on hatton as a fighter but as a promoter as well. but if he wins, he can ride the wave to the top and bring his stable to another level.

your thoughts?
        I honesty think you are wrong, good post though but wrong.

I understand why you think that way but Hatton had serious fuking issues. Some champions retire happy and on top like Lennox Lewis and well..
        Lennox Lewis.

Most other champions retire unhappy and rock bottom like Evander Holyfield, Ali,Foreman,Holmes,Tito, etc Oscar.

Some learn to cope with it and go into other interests like Oscar, others attempt come backs and fail miserably.

I think Hatton just had too many personal issues and he honestly missed boxing, not so much the actual sport or the glory but the fact that it gave him a purpose in life again.

I also think 'comeback' failures are a bit over hyped. There have been a fair amount of decent comebacks(Holmes) and a few special successful comebacks (Foreman etc)

Comment

I kinda agree

The thing is though, Hatton was never a reflexes guy, he's a workrate guy

If his engine still works he'll do ok

Comment

Originally posted by YDKSAB View Post
            I see a vast amount of spelling and grammar errors and absolutely no quote or source.

Looks like you typed out what you thought he might have said.
            the interview was taken by Daily Express. the full article can be seen here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...=feeds-newsxml

Comment

If it makes him (Hatton) happy and fulfilled, if it helps him works through the issues he's had with drugs and near suicide, who the hell is anyone to say that it isn't the right thing to do? It's his body, his career, his choice. Nobody else's.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                I don't think coming back is the mistake, but fighting top competition certainly is, at least for now.

good post......

Comment

Most people already know hes fighting for the money. No one believes hes trying to make a "comeback". Guys down in manchester know ricky can sell tickets and threw him a bone, thats it.

Comment

Everyone deserves a second chance. His corner his fans and the man himself will know if its time to hang em up for good. Looking forward to see the comeback

Comment

Working...
                    X