No announcement yet.

Best Boxer Analyst HBO Had?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boxer Analyst HBO Had?

HBO has had several notable boxers who were analysts for fights. I think SRL was their best analyst when he worked in the early 1980's but there was also guys like George Foreman, Roy Jones, and Lennox Lewis. Who do you regard as the best boxer analyst they had? I regard Emmanuel Steward their best analyst but he won't be included since he is mainly regarded as a trainer. Poll to follow.
    Roy Jones
    45.45%
    Lennox Lewis
    6.06%
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    15.15%
    George Foreman=LOL
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

I loved Roy on the mic. He should do more announcing.

Comment

My favourite always was roy jones

Comment

"Sugar" Ray Leonard had the knowledge,the charisma and the charm to carry fights on his voice alone.He worked alongside an interested,prime Larry Merchant and an underrated barry Thompkins which capped off the greatest commentary team in the history of the sport of boxing.

Emanuel Steward doesn't have charisma and doesn't seem to realise that nobody gives a cares about who had a great amateur career.

Comment

Either roy or george

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
            HBO has had several notable boxers who were analysts for fights. I think SRL was their best analyst when he worked in the early 1980's but there was also guys like George Foreman, Roy Jones, and Lennox Lewis. Who do you regard as the best boxer analyst they had? I regard Emmanuel Steward their best analyst but he won't be included since he is mainly regarded as a trainer. Poll to follow.
            No contest. Roy is one of the greatest color commentators of all time. After he gets ko'd again, he should go back to doing it full time.

Comment

George was always entertaining and not afraid to tell it how it is.

Comment

I think steward is the smartest, yet he doesn't bring exitement to the fight like jim's overly dramatic voice. I like George Foreman to, and Roy was a decent commentator.

Comment

Roy Jones is one boxer who has provided a positive role model for young people. He is totally disciplined in his approach to training, avoids drugs and drink completely, is highly involved in his hometown community, and dedicates much of his time to charitable organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by peteraugusts View Post
                    Roy Jones is one boxer who has provided a positive role model for young people. He is totally disciplined in his approach to training, avoids drugs and drink completely, is highly involved in his hometown community, and dedicates much of his time to charitable organizations.
                    lol, did you listen to his rap album?

Comment

Working...
                    X