Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Bellew, Kovalev-Sillakh at The Pepsi Coliseum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Bellew, Kovalev-Sillakh at The Pepsi Coliseum

Promoter Yvon Michel has advised BoxingScene.com that HBO's November 30th light heavyweight doubleheader has been finalized for the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec, Canada. Initially there appeared to be a conflict with a sporting event, but Michel confirms that a scheduled hockey game has been moved to another date.

In the main event, WBC champion Adonis Stevenson (22-1, 19KOs) will make the second defense of his title against mandatory challenger Tony Bellew (20-1-1, 12KOs). In the televised co-feature, WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (22-0-1, 20KOs) will defend his belt against Ismayl Sillakh (21-1, 17KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

Decent card that sets up nicely for the future at 175. I find Kovalev-Sillahk kind of interesting but Kovalev should take care of him after looking average early because Sillahk has bad defense and Kovalev should break him down.

It will be interesting to see how Kovalev deals with that match-up.

Stevenson I think will handle Bellew no issue.

Comment

Man.... they better be building up a unification

Comment

Sillakh has the skill to beat Kovalev, but im not sure if he has the chin.

Comment

tough assignment for the bomber but believe he could score a shock K.O. either way i can't see this fight going the distance. tony would rather go out on his shield anyway.

Comment

wish it was in the new year because then I would consider flying out there via airmiles...

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Kovalev is superior to Sillakh in every department.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                He doesn't even know what to do when he's hurt.... Standing still doesn't really help much

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  He doesn't even know what to do when he's hurt.... Standing still doesn't really help much
                  With his hands still at his sides~

Comment

Originally posted by OJ Simpson View Post
                    Kovalev is superior to Sillakh in every department.
                    I don't think that is true I think Sillahk has better speed in both hand and feet plus he probably just has better overall athleticism.

Kovalev is a better schooled boxer though who seems to get the most out of his abilities while Sillahk gets carried by his physical tools not making the most of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X