Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i missing something with the Xbox One and PS4?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i missing something with the Xbox One and PS4?.

Been watching a lot of gameplay trailers and hardly seen anything that has blown me away.

Graphics and detail only marginally better than current generation.

I thought the same exact way. Some argue that it's way better and more powerful, but as far as visuals go, it's slightly better. I call it the PS3.5. I remember being blown away from PS1 to PS2 and PS2 to PS3, but didn't get the same reaction this time. I thought about the $400 dollar price tag, $200-300 less than the PS3 launch. Makes sense. You're not getting a huge upgrade from the PS3 in terms of graphics, so the $400 price makes sense. From the PS2 to PS3 the upgrade in graphics/visuals was huge, hence the $600-800 people were paying for their PS3's.

Comment

Yeah the technology hasn't advanced as much as last generation, so that's why there isn't such a huge difference, I remember when Oblivion came out they said that it was going to push the 360 and ps3 to the redline but truth be told even gta5 doesn't max them

That said, there is a lot more power in the new consoles so the games will look better, but not for a year or so yet.

I imagine your big first party titles, your uncharteds etc will look really good.

Myself I'm going to hold off a year or so, there are heaps of games I haven't played on current gen even on my 360, and I just got a ps3 for 100 bucks so there's tons of stuff I want to play on that

Comment

its HD watch Battlefield 4 running at 60fps in 1080p and you will notice the difference

Forza 5 looks incredible maybe not the same as PS1 to PS2 but you definitely see it
        Last edited by Phenom; 10-11-2013, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Yeah the technology hasn't advanced as much as last generation, so that's why there isn't such a huge difference, I remember when Oblivion came out they said that it was going to push the 360 and ps3 to the redline but truth be told even gta5 doesn't max them

That said, there is a lot more power in the new consoles so the games will look better, but not for a year or so yet.

I imagine your big first party titles, your uncharteds etc will look really good.

Myself I'm going to hold off a year or so, there are heaps of games I haven't played on current gen even on my 360, and I just got a ps3 for 100 bucks so there's tons of stuff I want to play on that
          I still love Oblivion to this day. Great game!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
            I still love Oblivion to this day. Great game!!!
            Hell yeah, **** a horse, my guy is the fastest form of transportation I've encountered.

Comment

I hear you.

I'm probably going to wait a year myself til the dust settles.

I've been out the loop a while with games, anyone got any recommendations for Xbox games to play?.

Comment

Well the ps4 has literally almost 20 times the computing power of a ps3. This is the largest jump of performance and capability in the history of gaming in terms of raw power.

It has 8 cores of a supercharged custom built Jaguar CPU with a max overclock frequency of 3.75 GHZ Unified with a 1000+ shader next generation Radeon GPU with a direct feed and uninterrupted access to 8 Gigs of DDR Version 5 Memory. All 3 pieces of hardware share a direct uninterrupted feed with each other in a way that no PC can duplicate. The PS4 is literally a graphics computing powerhouse.

Unless you've played a PS4 on your HDTV, you can't really judge the difference. If the graphics on youtube look similar, it's because the latest current gen Triple A titles are all using the most advanced modern game engines. As better engines and technology are created and perfected that can make full use of the PS4 capabilities, then Graphics will start looking better and better.

Make no mistake, the PS4 is a beast, and it will be able to run all the most demanding games with no performance issues, zero lag and zero loading times because of its 8 Gigs of Unified DDR5 Memory.

To charge 400 dollars for this machine is literally robbery. You would need to pay twice as much or more to get equal hardware and 5 times as much to get equal performance.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-14-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

The jump could that of 100x more horsepower or what ever. The casual gamer looking at the difference from PS3 and PS4 will just look at visuals and think the same thing some other gamers are thinking, the jump is just not that different.

The power difference does not matter if you can't even notice much of a difference visually.

It's the PS3.5, it's an improvement from the PS3, but no quite a PS4. Maybe in 2-3 years the graphics will really start to shine, but i'm not impressed right now.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    The jump could that of 100x more horsepower or what ever. The casual gamer looking at the difference from PS3 and PS4 will just look at visuals and think the same thing some other gamers are thinking, the jump is just not that different.

The power difference does not matter if you can't even notice much of a difference visually.

It's the PS3.5, it's an improvement from the PS3, but no quite a PS4. Maybe in 2-3 years the graphics will really start to shine, but i'm not impressed right now.
                    Dude.. zero loading times.. zero performance issues out of the gate.

That means nothing to you?

Loading screens will become a thing of the past. They won't exist anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X