Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook's Promoter Furious Over Mayweather-Alexander News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brook's Promoter Furious Over Mayweather-Alexander News

Promoter Eddie Hearn is furious with the recent headlines announcing that a deal is close for a welterweight unification between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Devon Alexander. Hearn promotes undefeated Kell Brook, the mandatory challenger to Alexander's IBF title. Brook was scheduled to fight Alexander on january 19th, but withdrew with an ankle injury. The fight was rescheduled for February 23rd. Alexander withdrew a few days ago with a right bicep injury - and now the news hits the net that he's close to a Mayweather fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Just take the step-aside money and bug off. There are bigger things going on in this world than a guy named Kell Brook.

Comment

I don't get it, whats this gotta do with GBP entering UK promoting market? Why even mention it

Comment

Dont blame you.

Comment

Originally posted by hogwash View Post
          I don't get it, whats this gotta do with GBP entering UK promoting market? Why even mention it
          Hearns is an idiot

Comment

Hearn is a brit promoter, has some fighters that GBP is matching with their own, eg. Brook-Alexander, Rees-Broner.

Comment

Already bought airfare for Vegas. I hope this is a hoax. A counter puncher vs a defensive fighter is not a good match up. I don't want to see this crap! This does not sell tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                Hearn is a brit promoter, has some fighters that GBP is matching with their own, eg. Brook-Alexander, Rees-Broner.
                No, he mentioned it because GB will make a lot of enemies with the UK boxing fans if this injury withdrawal was all a swerve to make a Mayweather fight. A lot of UK fans had to cancel flights, hotel, when the injury was announced.

Comment

boxing fans are furious over mayweather vs alexander.

Comment

Think he's trying to go along the lines of "is this how you do business"?

While waiting to hear from GBP about Devon's injury and what the deal is with the fight (which they signed a contract for) they've potentially gone and maid another fight without even disclosing it to the Hearn/Brook camp.

Plus a lot of UK fans are going to be pi$$ed if this is the reason it's not on because they've paid for flights, hotel, etc.

I can see why he's doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X