Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re watched Matthysse vs Judah.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish there was an option to turn off the commentary.

Comment

they call none of Mathysse's hard straight rights to the body....but call all of Zab's pitty-pat jabs.....disgraceful call....

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        they call none of Mathysse's hard straight rights to the body....but call all of Zab's pitty-pat jabs.....disgraceful call....
        Half of those jabs were caught by the glove.

Also, what pissed me off the most was, when Max said he's impressed with Zab's defense. He said, "he's catching most of Matthysse's punches on his gloves." I hated Max for that the most.

Max, seriously has a man crush on Judah. I don't know whether it's the New York thing. Zab said he was a great rapper. I don't get it.

LMAO at the punch stats. I love how they painted the fight out to be "Zab's head shots to Lucas's body shots." I'm sitting there like, there's no way on God's green earth that Zab equalled the amount of head shots compared to Lucas's body shots. No way in Hell!!!
        Last edited by 1sballotHOF; 11-04-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
          I was scoring the fight round by round, but my dear God. The commentating was atrocious. Sometimes your yelling at the screen like "Lampley! Call the got damn fight!". HBO needs a good play by play guy like Showtime has with Mauro Renallo.

I didn't even re watch it with the intent of focusing on the commentary. I saw a thread a few weeks ago, about how the fight wasn't a robbery, and I decided to watch it tonight. Maaaaaan, up to the the 9th round, I turned it off and had to start a thread about how bad the commentary was.
          I agree the commentary was bad as it often is. It does annoy me. I am a veteran fight watcher and I have learned to tune it out when it comes to scoring fights. Lampley makes a good living calling fights but I have little respect for his true boxing knowledge. Foreman was a great fighter but terrible at calling fights. I liked Steward's comments as a rule and Merchant, if I spelled his name right, seemed to know boxing far better than Lampley. Kellerman is ok but he goes overboard on his favorites like Judah. Roy Jones is usually good. I hate Teddy Atlas because he never shuts up even for a second and he always trashes the fighters as if he could do better. I hate how Lampley tries to call every single punch as if it was radio and you could not see for yourself what punches were thrown and landed. I don't need Lampley to tell me what I saw.

Comment

hbo commentary is pretty bad sometimes. but when roy jones speaks you stfu and listen

Comment

people keep bringing this fight up lately arguing for Judah
              don't see how anyone can have him winning
              he did enough to not be dominated, kept it close
              but Lucas did all the damage, especially in the back half
              putting Zab down was icing on the cake, Lucas won the damn fight

Comment

sorry, but Judah won in a close fight. Matthysse started slow and paid the price.

i felt he edged it against Alexander, but i'm not going to join the bandwagon and act like he beat Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch~Fade View Post
                  sorry, but Judah won in a close fight. Matthysse started slow and paid the price.

i felt he edged it against Alexander, but i'm not going to join the bandwagon and act like he beat Judah.
                  Ummmm....you mean zab started slow. The only thing the HBO crew got right, was that zab wasn't pulling the trigger AT ALL. He didn't expect Lucas to box with him, so he got flustered. Was expecting him to come straight at him. Couldn't adjust, besides a few nice shots, but definitely not enough to win the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X