No announcement yet.

Floyd has basically been a world champion for 14 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
    His only non title fights since 1998 were.Ndou,Jmm,Shamba,Bruseles and Corley,Augustus
    unless he gave up the 135 and 140lb belts he was still "technically" a world champ in all those fights except JMM, but yeah since 98 those are the only ones.

Comment

Then again he has only fought 4 times in the past 5 years.

Comment

Why do you say 10 years?? go throught the years and he only missed 2008 and 2009 and Oscar,Mosley and Possibly Cotto could be ATG'S
        he does take extended breaks and also a retirement here and there, also some jail time. But he hasn't defended any titles against mandatory opponents? The abc belts are weird like that i don't see pac and may having mandatory defences. But props to mayweather, he became world champ after a year as a pro and undefeated

Comment

That would mean he head been on the p4p list through 3 decades
          He has.

Only the tail end of the 90's and start of the 10's but still, he has.

If he were to win another FOTY award he would have also won the award in 3 different decades which I don't think anyone else has done.

Comment

If Mayweather's career would have ended at 130, that in itself would have been a great career.

Manfredy
            Jesus Chavez
            Carlos Hernandez
            Genaro Hernandez
            Diego Corrales

Which is why I find it impressive that he's still going, and consistently performing like an elite fighter.

Comment

floyd is a remarkable boxer/fighter he will never be truly appreciated til the guy retires hes 1 of a kind weather we hate him or not his skill level is far superior to any other boxer i have seen long may he keep fighting i say

Comment

This guy will not get full credit until probably 10-20 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
                  more like 10 years, and not one ATG
                  ATGs colliding amongst one another is actually a rarity in this sport, I hope you weren't trying to knock Floyd with that useless crap. You also have to consider that the only ATG Floyd could have faced/ or could face is Pacquiao.

Comment

He's also the only boxer in history to beat the #1 ranked fighter in 4 different weight classes in 4 consecutive fights

DLH ( #1 at 154 )
                    Hatton ( #1 at 140 )
                    JMM ( #1 at 135 )
                    Mosley ( #1 at 147 )

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeniable View Post
                      He's also the only boxer in history to beat the #1 ranked fighter in 4 different weight classes in 4 consecutive fights

DLH ( #1 at 154 )
                      Hatton ( #1 at 140 )
                      JMM ( #1 at 135 )
                      Mosley ( #1 at 147 )
                      De La Hoya wasn't #1 at 154 when Mayweather fought him.

Comment

Working...
                      X