Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saints players bounty suspensions handed out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    It's way too harsh. If the league does feel that this is the correct punishment then they have to take away the super bowl championship too. I don't agree with it but if you are suspending multiple players and coaches then that championship in the leagues eyes has to be tainted. You can't say that from top to bottom the team was dirty but still allow them to hold that championship.
    How is the Championship tainted? THey wouldnt have won it if they didnt have this program?

Comment

I don't see how the NFL punishing players for purposely trying to injure a player is too harsh. I mean, he got his bonus, but that player that just signed a 5 years deal won't ever be able to play again.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        How is the Championship tainted? THey wouldnt have won it if they didnt have this program?
        You'd have to back that season and see what happened. I don't know records that season or what happened in each individual game the Saints played but it certainly could of had effect on the Saints making key plays, playoffs, super bowl etc. It's hard to say if it could have but you can't say it wouldn't either and with the league coming down from the top of the front office to suspending players you have to say something was terribly wrong. Not saying I agree with it, because I don't but if the league is making a statement, don't show double standards. Go all in with this.

Comment

I'd like to see video evidence justifying the length of these suspensions..such as the acts that Vilma did to warrant a full year..my first reaction was that it might be too harsh but I'd like to see how/why they came up with those

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            You'd have to back that season and see what happened. I don't know records that season or what happened in each individual game the Saints played but it certainly could of had effect on the Saints making key plays, playoffs, super bowl etc. It's hard to say if it could have but you can't say it wouldn't either and with the league coming down from the top of the front office to suspending players you have to say something was terribly wrong. Not saying I agree with it, because I don't but if the league is making a statement, don't show double standards. Go all in with this.
            I never understood with stripping chips

It's history and already happened. I Just hate this stripping of the chip in any sport. They are the champions and you can never change that fact

Comment

just found out that Vilma helped start up and fund the bounty program..I guess that's why he got a full season

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                I'd like to see video evidence justifying the length of these suspensions..such as the acts that Vilma did to warrant a full year..my first reaction was that it might be too harsh but I'd like to see how/why they came up with those
                I dont really understand it tbh. I wish the NFL could explain why thye suspended each person for as long as they did.

Comment

You know what interests me is why they decided these guys and why only 4. If the bounty program was instilled wouldn't you think every guy on that defense was trying to injure players.... Just because you don't commit the actual crime doesn't mean you're innocent. It's like bringing a gun to rob a bank and then the last minute walking out of the bank and claiming innocence.

Comment

I never understood with stripping chips

It's history and already happened. I Just hate this stripping of the chip in any sport. They are the champions and you can never change that fact
                    Well, this case is completely different because it was on field stuff that is a normal part of the game(ie tackling). In college though there is strict guidelines in recruiting and violating allows you to get key players to win major titles. Especially in football when certain players are head and shoulders above the rest(reggie bush for example).

Comment

There is a crap load of evidence against these men including the coaches that we will not see anytime soon,the league is embarrassed and that shows in the suspensions,its harsh as hell but the title should be stripped and given to that years afc champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X