Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britain More Violent Than South Africa And The U.S.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glamour Puss View Post
    They also have high amounts of knife murders and they still have shootings and spree shootings despite their authoritarian gun laws.

Its somewhat unfair to compare them to South Africa since there is basically a genocide being waged against whites there by the communists.
    There have been like 2/3 spree shootings in the last 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      There have been like 2/3 spree shootings in the last 25 years.
      Right. Meaning gun laws don't work.

Comment

Right. Meaning gun laws don't work.
        Right.

Because that number would be lower if there were no gun laws.

Comment

Right.

Because that number would be lower if there were no gun laws.
          Its impossible to tell because you can't legislate behavior. Bottom line, Brits need to mind their own failing country rather than point fingers at anyone else.

Comment

Its impossible to tell because you can't legislate behavior. Bottom line, Brits need to mind their own failing country rather than point fingers at anyone else.
            I would say you are far more likely to shoot someone to death with a gun as opposed to say shooting them to death with a throat lozenge.

Comment

The use of common sense should dictate that the figure would be significantly higher than 3 in 25 years.

Bottom line is that I and everyone else I know in this country feel safe walking around without a weapon, a large percentage of American's don't (as I've seen posted several times on this forum alone). Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know?

It isn't about pointing the finger, realize that.

Comment

It's not that bad

Comment

Over 4 times the violent crime rate of the US? No wonder their government doesn't want them owning guns.

Comment

There's also less people there than here. And I suspect the government suppresses statistics since it would be embarrassing to report that their nanny state is a failure.
                    There's about a sixth of the population of the US living in Britain. The US has something like 17 times as many murders. Homicide rate.

The US has a considerably higher rate of violent crime than the UK once you exclude consensual street fights. And frankly I'm not too concerned with a high incidence of consensual street fights because I never involve myself in them.

Comment

The use of common sense should dictate that the figure would be significantly higher than 3 in 25 years.

Bottom line is that I and everyone else I know in this country feel safe walking around without a weapon, a large percentage of American's don't (as I've seen posted several times on this forum alone). Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know?

It isn't about pointing the finger, realize that.
                      Yeah, England is clearly a paradise.

Comment

Working...
                      X