Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton Proved To Dela Hoya and Calzaghe It's Almost Impossible To Make A Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Nevertheless.. Senchenko is not a GREAT fighter.

Vitali fought Peter after 4 years off who most certainly was better fighter.
    senchenko is not a great fighter but hes waaaay better than peter, peter is a bum.

more importantly vitali is a consumate professional who respected the sport his entire career and as a result it respected him back even late in his career. hatton abused his body in the ring with his lack of defense and outside the ring with his poor habits, layoff or not it was gonna catch up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
      LOL. Still not as red as you are over the fact that Joe could never be or been on Andre's level....
      LOL! Good comeback!

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        Nevertheless.. Senchenko is not a GREAT fighter.

Vitali fought Peter after 4 years off who most certainly was better fighter.
        Senchenko is a better boxer and he was in shape, Peter was fat and had a good punch.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        George Foreman begs to differ.
        Old Foreman was lucky to win a title on his comeback if we are being honest.

Comment

Calzaghe retired with good performances though. A couple of knock downs and against older fighters, but good performances. So I think his comeback would have gone a lot smoother. But it's too late now, it's been 4 years for Calzaghe.

It's also been 4 years for DLH and he had a mediocre performance against a very small, light punching Steve Forbes at 150lbs. His face got all swollen from Forbes punches. Then we all know what happened with Pacquiao at 147lbs.

Your comeback depends on how you left the sport. It doesn't even matter for how long.

Foreman: 10 years away, left with a pretty good record, came back successfully. Didn't embarrass himself despite his age.

Vitali: 4 years, left with an injury but on top. Came back, has barely lost a round.

Mayweather: Has taken two nearly 2-year retirements, came back both times successfully and is still undefeated.

Comment

When the news of his opponent came out, this Senchenko guy, I was obviously wondering who he was like many fringe boxing fans.

So I wiki'ed him and I could not believe my eyes - Rick had picked a previously unbeaten, single loss champion for his first opponent back?? Even Ali didnt do that! From that point I really didnt figure Hatton had more than a puncher's chance, although I watched the fight because he is one of the most exciting fighters in his division to see. He outdid himself, considering the fatton and drugs during his lay-off.
            Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-27-2012, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
              why did he take this dangerous fight as his first fight back????????
              the hatton camp really thought of senchenko as a low threat since he just lost to someone hatton viciously beat (malignaggi). hatton thought this was just a warm fight, a stepping stone for greater things. hatton had the wrong game plan, unbelievably rusty and overall came in bad shape.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                Yes, as does Ray Leonard, whose comeback is the greatest of all by far. But they are truly amazing feats which will rarely, if ever, be repeated.
                the very best comeback would have been the original cinderalla man, the bulldog of bergen. i guess pugulistic comebacks come once in a decade

Comment

Working...
                X