No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Apologizes, Frustrated With Recent 24/7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capo Loko View Post
    I loved last nights episode... The best part was the part where Manny Pacquiao was jogging by Money May. Lulz!

Holy crap! The place erupted with laugher.
    But I thought Floyd said it was Pacquiao who was always talking about him? Maybe Pac should go to a jail and point at the inmates "hey look it's Mayweather."

Comment

I think people put way too much emphasis on the 24/7 series. The 1st series with Oscar and Floyd obviously was very successful because it was the 1st of its kind and put a spotlight on Floyd's flamboyance because it was now on a bigger stage, though most Boxing fans have seen him this way along with Oscar "then" still THE big name in the sport. But just like w/ movies, sequels tend to get really dull, especially when we see the same routine time and time again. Do people really think when the cameras are off that Floyd acts that over the top? He admits he like to provide "Entertainment". The thing today is people get bored really quick, and even some of his fans seem to be getting tired of the persona already. Floyd shouldn't be mad at HBO or the production team, maybe he should take a step back and see the repetitiveness in the way he portrays his character (which is exactly what it is).

I watch the 24/7s simply because I love Boxing and will watch it off GP. The match ups intrigue me, not the "acting" that takes place during the show. For that, watch General Hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
        mayweather is a complete dick in case noone has noticed, the 24-7s have always been about the other guy not mayweather, Mayweather as a person has little to no appeal, when hes not talking smack hes boring and dull , when hes trying to promote he comes off as a selfish arrogant prick , I started to watch a few minutes of it then changed the channel before I fell asleep
        , they shoulda put canelo in there hes more fun to watch....
        You have got to be kidding.

Comment

I don't know why anyone watches any of them-after the first few minutes of the first one. They are only PR junk, trying to sell the fight, by evoking false images. Typical advertising. If it had been a fight, I'd watch it, but very round-about glob about about a fight, is of no interest to me.

Comment

Originally posted by LFC View Post
            The problem with doing that is the casual boxing fans couldn't care less about the other fighters on the card. By the main card are you specifically referring to Alvarez? Well, I don't know if the boy can speak any English but what would he bring to the table that has not been seen before?
            what would he bring? just a new person to see,it gets kind of tiring watching floyd repeat himself,show us his cars,money,etc....

Comment

Its not aimed at fans and especially teenage ones its aimed and the sporting man in the street that might find an interest and buy the PPV .

Comment

same as the ortiz show

Comment

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
                  But I thought Floyd said it was Pacquiao who was always talking about him? Maybe Pac should go to a jail and point at the inmates "hey look it's Mayweather."
                  There is no "maybe"... PAC will be hitting the joint too for not paying his taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Capo Loko View Post
                    There is no "maybe"... PAC will be hitting the joint too for not paying his taxes.
                    Doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Its not aimed at fans and especially teenage ones its [B]aimed and the sporting man in the street that might find an interest and buy the PPV .
                      It's aimed towards casual fans, but without question it also aims at Boxing fans and fans of the specific fighters. Though Mayweather's fans love his flamboyance and will watch anything he's apart of, that same adoration doesn't necessarily translate to the "Sporting Man in the Street". Those guys go to bars to watch UFC's (where in most cases are shown for free at bars). The only fight most people outside the Boxing realm want to see is Mayweather vs Pacquiao, which seems as if will never happen.
                      Last edited by RL_GMA; 04-29-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X